DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   A FCPHD question in editing (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/48275-fcphd-question-editing.html)

Ron Jones July 25th, 2005 06:41 AM

A FCPHD question in editing

A FCPHD question. This is the set up. I have footage were a person is talking to another person at table. The person talking has a laptop, which she is typing in something. A logo appears in center of laptop screen, (which I have done in PS a put on layer in FCPHD. All works well, but the footage of person with laptop moves from side to side somewhat, In FCPHD how can I anchor the logo image so it will stay in center of laptop screen?

Thanks, if you can help Ron

Stephen Schleicher July 25th, 2005 07:52 AM

You can do it one of two ways. The first is LOTS of individual position keyframes.

The second is to export the clip to a compositing application like After Effects and motion track the footage and lock the logo to the tracked data.

Cheers

Zach Mull July 25th, 2005 12:47 PM

You could also try the Image Stabilizer filter in Final Cut. It's listed under "Video" in the effects palette.

Ron Jones July 25th, 2005 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Schleicher
You can do it one of two ways. The first is LOTS of individual position keyframes.

The second is to export the clip to a compositing application like After Effects and motion track the footage and lock the logo to the tracked data.

Cheers

Thanks Stephen,
Unfortunately I do not have After Effects. When adding Key frames do I do this in motion tab?

Ron Jones July 25th, 2005 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zach Mull
You could also try the Image Stabilizer filter in Final Cut. It's listed under "Video" in the effects palette.

Thanks Mull,
Never tried Stabilizer Filter. I will give it a try.

Boyd Ostroff July 25th, 2005 05:02 PM

It can be done in the motion tab, but it's easier in the viewer. Open the clip in the viewer by double-clicking it on the timeline. Set the viewer to show both image+wireframe.

Now just slowly move through the video until the frame where it starts to move. Point the mouse at the image+wireframe and drag as needed to recenter the logo - you will be doing this in the viewer while observing the effect on the canvas. Click the viewer button with the diamond icon to create a keyframe. Now move ahead by either scrubbing the timeline or canvas window. When you reach the next move, double-click again to open in the viewer. Repeat until the whole sequence is done.

Notice that as you move the image in the viewer it will show a dot for every keyframe and a line representing the motion path to reach it.

Ron Jones July 26th, 2005 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boyd Ostroff
It can be done in the motion tab, but it's easier in the viewer. Open the clip in the viewer by double-clicking it on the timeline. Set the viewer to show both image+wireframe.

Now just slowly move through the video until the frame where it starts to move. Point the mouse at the image+wireframe and drag as needed to recenter the logo - you will be doing this in the viewer while observing the effect on the canvas. Click the viewer button with the diamond icon to create a keyframe. Now move ahead by either scrubbing the timeline or canvas window. When you reach the next move, double-click again to open in the viewer. Repeat until the whole sequence is done.

Notice that as you move the image in the viewer it will show a dot for every keyframe and a line representing the motion path to reach it.

Thanks for the info Boyd. One last question, is After Effects a package I should be thinking about purchasing?

Boyd Ostroff July 26th, 2005 08:02 AM

It's expensive and I'm told it has a steep learning curve; I have not yet purchased it. My gut reaction is that if you are asking this question, you probably don't need it :-)