DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   Exporting to .flv? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/493934-exporting-flv.html)

Michael Kinney April 1st, 2011 07:43 AM

Exporting to .flv?

I have a client who needs .flv files for her website. Is there a way to export from FCP 7 in this codec?

Bill Davis April 1st, 2011 09:59 PM

Re: Exporting to .flv?

I don't think so.

Apple does not support Flash. Famously Jobs considers it a bad solution for video playback.
Other programs like Telestreams Episode can transcode from virtually any video format including ProRes and Quicktime varients to Flash (both flv and swf) - but you won't find Flash as a current output choice inside any Apple product.

Sorry.

Andy Wilkinson April 2nd, 2011 02:31 AM

For Flash I just use 'Sorenson Squeeze 5.5 for Flash' on my MBP or 'Popcorn 4' on my MP - both I think now come in newer versions but they both work well for me for converting a self contained high quality HD video exported out of FCP6 to whatever size, bit rate etc. Flash file desired. The Popcorn 4 was on offer when I bought it late last year and was only about £20-30 (from memory). Jobs may not like Flash but its what 90% of my clients want....

Marty Jenoff April 2nd, 2011 04:29 AM

It can be done. Use compressor and use the h.264 preset. Make the extension flv. Works every time for me.

Andy Wilkinson April 2nd, 2011 04:52 AM

I've read that many times in the past but whenever I've tried it I can't get the audio to play in my JW Flash Player, just the picture. Any tips?

Kevin Lewis April 2nd, 2011 09:05 AM

I would suggest Sorensen Squeeze. You can down load a free trial. I belive the trial version will leave a watermark on your project.

Gary Nattrass April 2nd, 2011 12:32 PM

I haven't done any for two years as H.264 is far superior but I have the On2 Flix Exporter plug in for Quick Time that works with FCP too: On2 Flix Exporter - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Mike Chalmers April 5th, 2011 01:54 AM

Hi Michael, do you have Adobe CS?

If you do, the Adobe Media Encoder does FLV exports - I had to do some the other day and was stuck for software like you.

Craig Seeman April 5th, 2011 05:37 PM

Flash uses H.264 .mov just fine. No need to change the extension. Flash is H.264 extension agnostic.

Adobe Flash - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On August 20, 2007, Adobe announced on its blog that with Update 3 of Flash Player 9, Flash Video will also support some parts of the MPEG-4 international standards.[13] Specifically, Flash Player will have support for video compressed in H.264 (MPEG-4 Part 10), audio compressed using AAC (MPEG-4 Part 3), the F4V, MP4 (MPEG-4 Part 14), M4V, M4A, 3GP and MOV multimedia container formats,

and

Adobe also announced that they will be gradually moving away from the FLV format to the standard ISO base media file format (MPEG-4 Part 12) owing to functional limits with the FLV structure when streaming H.264