DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   What do you think of DMTS training videos? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/54707-what-do-you-think-dmts-training-videos.html)

Shawn Wright November 20th, 2005 12:08 PM

What do you think of DMTS training videos?

Did anyone out there use the Digital Media Training Series (DMTS) DVD's to learn how to use Final Cut Stuido?

Here is the site http://www.digitalmediatraining.com/...dio/index.html

They are recommended by Apple. But the Apple tutorials that came with my software are very straight forward with little explaination as to why they are doing what they are doing.

I am about to buy their DVD's for $300. It is 35 hours of training but I wonder if their training style matches my learning style. I learn best when I understand why something does what it does rather than just what it does. Not sure if this makes sense but what I am trying to say is a learn well with analogies so that things relate.

I am absolutely stupid about FCP and really want to learn. Even if you do not have any feedback on these particular DVD's what then do you suggest?

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your feedback.
Shawn

Johan Forssblad March 27th, 2006 04:42 AM

Did you get any DMTS FCP course from Magnet Media at all?

Dear Shawn,

I am curious if you ordered any Digital Media Training Series (DMTS) DVD's to learn how to use Final Cut Studio.

Did you or any else get any course from Magnet Media?

I have ordered one on the February 15th. They stated 3-5 days delivery time and immediately took USD 259 from our credit card.

On a question after two weeks they replied they had a backlog and should ship in a few days.

Now 40 days !! have passed by and still no DVD's have arrived. But they sent a new promo code with another 25 % discount. So price has decreased from 396 to 299 to 239 and now 224 dollars!!

Are they trying to hook more and more customers until they decide to produce the product or is it an internet fraud?

The person handling our order has not answered our e-mail sent on March 14. Mails to some of their other adresses on their web site are returned due to "Quota limitation".

We are worried and upset!

Shawn Wright March 27th, 2006 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johan Forssblad
Dear Shawn,

I am curious if you ordered any Digital Media Training Series (DMTS) DVD's to learn how to use Final Cut Studio.

Did you or any else get any course from Magnet Media?

I have ordered one on the February 15th. They stated 3-5 days delivery time and immediately took USD 259 from our credit card.

On a question after two weeks they replied they had a backlog and should ship in a few days.

Now 40 days !! have passed by and still no DVD's have arrived. But they sent a new promo code with another 25 % discount. So price has decreased from 396 to 299 to 239 and now 224 dollars!!

Are they trying to hook more and more customers until they decide to produce the product or is it an internet fraud?

The person handling our order has not answered our e-mail sent on March 14. Mails to some of their other adresses on their web site are returned due to "Quota limitation".

We are worried and upset!

I ordered mine right before Thanksgiving and they were shipped out of a warehouse in Ohio. I was hoping to get them and watch them over that weekend but they did not make it. So I called them about a week after and they appologized and overnighted me a set. I got them the nextday. Then about 2 days later the original set came from the Ohio warehouse. I called them to ask what to do and they said "Just keep both sets." So, no, I do not think they are dishonest. I have only had time to watch one DVD so far. They are good. I am a portrait photog who is learning video slowly.

I got mine at 25% off. I sent a e-mail asking them what the best deal was and they sent me the promo code for 25% off. Funny thing was that I was just about to buy them with the 15% code. I am glad I waited.

I would call them directly. They were nice enough over the phone and I think e-mails are easy to ignore.

Take care,
Shawn

Johan Forssblad March 29th, 2006 03:14 PM

Magnet Media DVD course finally arrived after a long wait

Thank you Shawn for your quick reply.
I sent a fax to Magnet Media and it helped. Perhaps my mails were put in the spam bin. They upgraded the transportation to UPS free of charge to compensate a little for our long wait (6 weeks instead of 3-5 days).
They said "I sincerely apologize for the heavy delay on your order. It seems as though there was a shipping error at our fulfillment house."
Such things can happen.
Now we have some 35 hours of DVD to ingest ...