DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   FCP 4.5 Settings - Output to NTSC Mon (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/62059-fcp-4-5-settings-output-ntsc-mon.html)

Mike Phan March 4th, 2006 12:43 AM

FCP 4.5 Settings - Output to NTSC Mon

Hey everyone. For some odd reason I was using FCP on a project not 2 secs ago and I swear now when I'm playing it w/in FCP timeline and view it in the canvas window, my NTSC mon is not producing the playback. Before it used to mirror the canvas and outputs what i see there. I have Decklink Pro card in my computer. Is there a setting i'm doing wrong? Please help. Thank you.

Mike

Chris Korrow March 5th, 2006 10:36 AM

Mike,
What OS are you using?
I just upgraded OS 10.4.0 to 10.4.5 and got a rash of problems with FCP 4.5
Chris

Mike Phan March 5th, 2006 12:54 PM

Chris thanks I'm already thinking its the OS because ever since 10.4.3 i think i stop the use of importing from my XL2 directly into FCP HD. I just wanted to know if there's anything way around that before i have to archive and install my G5.

Chris Korrow March 5th, 2006 04:05 PM

Well below is something from a friend that edits full time in Nashville.
Hope this helps.
Chris

"It's possible that your preferences have been corrupted, its common. They are located by following this path - Harddrive - User - Library - Preferences - Final Cut Pro User Data - in this folder there will be 2 files as well as some folders. Delete only the files, one is called POA Cache and the other is a preferences file. Once again only delete the files. Restart your computer and Final Cut will probably come back to life"

Mike Phan March 5th, 2006 11:13 PM

Thanks Chris, but the weirdest thing happened. I reopened FCP and it all works! Man just when i'm about do a reinstall. I guess the G5 is still pushing its stability...a whole year w/o any problems! (Knock on wood)

Mike

Shane Ross March 6th, 2006 01:56 AM

For future ref:

#8 External Monitor Viewing.

Shane's Stock Answer #8:

A simple path is mac > firewire > camera or deck > rca cables > tv

Then start up your camera and tv, then open fcp.

Then go View > External video > all frames
Video playback should be Apple firewire NTSC (If you are using an NTSC set)
Audio playback should be Audio follows Video

Techinially, this should send synched video to your TV

If for some reason you can't view your timeline on your external monitor, there are a few things to try:

1) Make sure that the camera/deck is connected and powered on BEFORE you open FCP.

2) In the Final Cut Pro menu select AUDIO/VIDEO Preferences and make sure your signal is being sent out thru Firewire DV.

3) Go to the menu and select VIEW>EXTERNAL>ALL FRAMES.

4) Click in the % box above the image and select FIT TO WINDOW.

5) Go to VIEW->refresh A/V devices

6) Make sure the Log & Capture window is closed

If you want it to play in both the canvas and the external monitor you need to go to the FINAL CUT PRO menu and select AUDIO/VIDIO settings and make sure MIRROR ON DESKTOP is selected under the PLAYBACK OUTPUT section