DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   Export to tape on Premiere (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/7577-export-tape-premiere.html)

Felix Jones March 9th, 2003 09:38 PM

Export to tape on Premiere

hi there,

I'm trying to use the Export to tape function in premiere 6.5. Always worked fine when i did it in windows, but since switching to mac it hasn't worked. Anyways I'm using a Panasonic MX500 and when i select export to tape the screen for premiere just goes black. the console asking about timeline or anything doesn't show up. Am I missing something?

K. Forman March 10th, 2003 06:24 AM

"Always worked fine when i did it in windows, but since switching to mac it hasn't worked"

Ain't that the truth? That's why I still have windows...

But, enough jabs at Mac. How long does your screen go black? There is a feature in Premiere that allows it to send X seconds of black to tape before the actual video. Is this maybe what you're seeing?

Felix Jones March 10th, 2003 10:12 AM

Heh, thought of that and waited with a beer for 10 minutes just to make sure. Oddly the popup window with the box allowing you to "activate deck" doesn't even come up just straight to black.

Jeff Donald March 10th, 2003 01:11 PM

Did you black the tape to allow the tape to pre-roll? Most people just record from the timeline. The timeline is made with black, bars and tone if necessary and the program. Start a blank tape recording and start the timeline playing.

Felix Jones March 10th, 2003 05:59 PM

Only thing is I can't seem to get my camera to record in VCR mode.

Jeff Donald March 10th, 2003 07:33 PM

Please post more details, as in camera models, system, OS version, etc. If the camera won't go into record, that may be your problem.

Felix Jones March 10th, 2003 07:49 PM

Camera is a Panasoniv NV-MX500
I'm using Premiere 6.5 on a
Pwermac dual 1.25 with radeon 9000 vid.

but the camera will "edit to tape" on my windows XP laptop running Premiere 6.5

As far as actually recording in VCR mode, I can't seem to find a way to do it.

Hope this all helps.

Jeff Donald March 10th, 2003 08:26 PM

Edit to tape requires the video tape to be blacked in part so the computer can control the motion of the tape and to pre-roll for editing.

The instructions for recording via the FireWire connection and S-Video connection are on page 29 of the English manual and are described as VCR Mode. You need to make the necessary connections and place the camera in the VCR mode. Then press play and record at the same time to place the camera into record mode. The Pause button will start and stop recording.

Grinner Hester March 16th, 2003 07:55 PM

skip print to tape unless you need accurate tc.
Just hit record on your deck and play your rendered timeline.

grin