DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Final Cut Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/)
-   -   Uploading for Youtube, Myspace etc. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cut-suite/80541-uploading-youtube-myspace-etc.html)

Chris Westerstrom November 28th, 2006 08:18 AM

Uploading for Youtube, Myspace etc.

Hey Guys!

Sorry I ask so many stupid questions but I did a search and couldn't find what I needed to know. Anyways, here is the thing, I have a quicktime movie on my harddrive that I would like to upload on the aforementioned sites. They require that the file size is maximum 100MB. My video is 266MB. How do I downsize it or compress it so that it still looks good and is uploadable.

Any tips regarding this would be appreciated. I see many videos that look great on that site despite being downsized and many look like crap. What is the difference in the approach?

Thanks,

Emre Safak November 28th, 2006 09:42 AM

It depends on the codec and bit rate settings. Be sure not to upload video in HD, and keep the bit rate around 512kbps, reduce the frame rate to 15fps (halve it), and you should be fine. Get Quicktime 7 and use H.264.

Chris Westerstrom November 28th, 2006 04:29 PM

thanks Emre!

One thing though, I shot it in PAL at which is 25 fps, does that make a difference?

Steven Gotz November 28th, 2006 04:38 PM

What frame size are you trying to upload? I believe YouTube expects 320X240 doesn't it?

Chris Westerstrom November 29th, 2006 07:00 AM

I think you are right, I am going for myspace instead.

Steven Gotz November 29th, 2006 08:47 AM

I pay $60 a year or so for a web site of my own. It makes life easier. I am not restricted to somebody else's ideas of what size or duration clip I can post.

Chris Westerstrom November 29th, 2006 09:00 AM

do you have any info how I can make my own website for that money, is it an address you have and then rent, or do you get one that is sort of already structured and easy to maintain?

thanks

Steven Gotz November 29th, 2006 09:07 AM

Web Sites

There are many providers in that price range, and I have stuck by my provider over the last few years because they increase the storage and monthly bandwidth automatically whenever it seems like others are charging less for more service. So no need to change, you know?

I created my own site, and I don't really know of any that create basic templates for you, but I know they are out there.

Have you checked with your ISP to see if they offer a web page? Most do.

Take a look at my site (URL in my sig) and click on the link at the bottom of the page to see the current offers from my provider.

I know that there are fancier web desiner GUIs out there also, but I bought NAMO Web Editor a few years ago, and it works just fine for me. And it has a few templates. There are also a lot of templates for sale, cheap.