DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Flash / Web Video (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/flash-web-video/)
-   -   Any idea how to have HD clips in the Vimeo HD channel? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/flash-web-video/120704-any-idea-how-have-hd-clips-vimeo-hd-channel.html)

Giovanni Speranza May 1st, 2008 12:30 PM

Any idea how to have HD clips in the Vimeo HD channel?

Hi,
Thanks

Tsu Terao May 1st, 2008 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giovanni Speranza (Post 870549)
Hi,
Thanks

Have you checked the Vimeo website?

Giovanni Speranza May 1st, 2008 02:29 PM

What do you mean? I have an account an 4 HD videos there. They have an HD channel but i don't know how a video can be inserted in that channel.

Chris Hurd May 1st, 2008 03:57 PM

Moved from Canon XH (no idea why it was there) to Web Video Delivery (where it belongs).

Richard Gooderick May 1st, 2008 04:33 PM

I noticed that the director of Kigo begged them to put it on and they did. My film got favourited by one of the staff and appeared on the HD channel shortly afterwards. Maybe that's the selection criteria.

I'd say that Kigo deserved some recognition. It's an excellent film and was pretty much ignored on Vimeo for months even though I bought it to the attention of the staff.

I like Vimeo a lot but the way the whole thing works and what it is for is a mystery to me.

J. Stephen McDonald May 16th, 2008 01:01 PM

An Option Exists on Vimeo for High-quality HD Video Viewing

Subscribers to Vimeo can download the original source uploads from the contributors who mark them as available for downloading. At the lower right corner of the screen, when a video has been brought up, there's a downloading button (or a notice that it isn't available for downloading). If you do a right-click on it and then click on Save Target As, you can choose a destination folder on your computer and after this is completed, the full-quality source can be played. A left-click on the button will deliver a one-time playback. None of Vimeo's heavy compression down to 1.6 Mbps using .flv will affect it. if it was uploaded at 6 Mbps or 8 Mbps, that's what you'll see, in the format it was uploaded. Much of it looks very good and it has few motion artifacts. If you can get your friends or clients to subscribe to Vimeo-----it's painless and quick----you can send them the URL of your whole album or just one video and they'll see it at high quality. You can even upload it at a larger size than 1,280 X 720 and though Vimeo will reduce it for direct playing from their website, the source download will carry the larger pixel and bit-sizes. Not every HD video will be allowed by its producer to be downloaded, but quite a few will. The important thing is, that you can allow downloading for your videos, to be available to your friends and clients. I uploaded one using 10 Mbps and it can barely be distinguished from the original 25 Mbps HDV CoDec, when shown from a return download.