DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Flash / Web Video (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/flash-web-video/)
-   -   ERROR in CS3 when Exporting to FLASH / "OMP abort:initializing libguide.lib" (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/flash-web-video/138156-error-cs3-when-exporting-flash-omp-abort-initializing-libguide-lib.html)

Tyson Persall November 21st, 2008 12:01 AM

ERROR in CS3 when Exporting to FLASH / "OMP abort:initializing libguide.lib"

Suddenly something strange is afoot. All was working fine a few days ago, but now when i go to export timeline / adobe media encoder / flash settings/ start render / the program crashes and a black "MS-DOS" window pops up with this error:

Adobe Premiere CS3:
OMP abort:initializing libguide.lib,but found libguide40.lib already initialized.
This can cause performance degradation. Set environment variable KMP_DIPLICATE_LIB_OK=TRUE if you want your program to continue in this case

Whats strange is, I have a dual boot OS - and the problem is happening on both boots, one with WinXP and the other with VISTA 64bit. ( this leads me to think - could it be some kind of hard ware problem ) Anyone seen this?

Mitchell Skurnik November 21st, 2008 12:40 AM

Try to disable your onboard network card.

Mitchell Skurnik November 21st, 2008 12:47 AM

Also check Performance Tools for Software Developers - OMP abort: Initializing libguide.lib, but found libguide40.lib already

Tyson Persall November 21st, 2008 06:24 PM

ehh,
Why would i want to disable my on board network card, if it worked properly before? What does my network card have to do with this error? Your saying the hardward has gone bad?

I am also having problems with all exports from premiere as well, Windows media player, Flash both crash.

I went to that link but cant make any sence out of it.

Graham Hickling November 21st, 2008 06:54 PM

A few of us have had this problem in the past. The solution turns out to be ... do what the DOS box is telling you!

CS3 is trying to initialize libguide.lib when libguide40.lib is already initialized. The message that pops up says to add a new environment variable called KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK and set its value as TRUE.

To add the environmental variable in XP, go to the Control Panel/System/Advanced tab. Not sure how to do it in Vista, sorry, but "Help" should get you there.

Hope that helps.

Mitchell Skurnik November 21st, 2008 09:12 PM

Easiest way to add a variable is to open command prompt and type set variable="string"

Tyson Persall November 21st, 2008 11:48 PM

Ok, i think it worked... but... Im still not happy about this. I feel out of control.

Ive never heard of a variable. What is the cause of this that someone would need to set a Variable? Do you just catch one? Does it just happen? THere has to be a cause? How do i stop this from happening again. Im so scared.

Mitchell Skurnik November 22nd, 2008 02:21 AM

If you google that error you will find the intel site. So that means it is hardware. My only suggestion is to get another hard drive, do a clean install of Vista x64, then of premiere and see if it happens. If it does then it is a piece of hardware. Disconnect eveything from your computer except for the bare minimum as well. Try to track down what is going on. Also disable onboard devices from the BIOS including your Network card after you install.

Graham Hickling November 22nd, 2008 04:57 AM

Lots have people have had this problem - general opinion is that its a software bug. http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/cineform-...shing-fix.html

I have not had any further problem since doing the fix, so I really don't think you need to start ripping hardware out! Just my $0.02.

Quote from that thread I linked to: "Adobe is planning to fix this bug, fingers crossed for CS4. Both CineForm and Adobe use the same Intel threading libraries (for speed), but that needs to be done in a way friendly way to support a plug-in architecture. Whether it is an Adobe or Intel bug is unclear, but we have worked hard on this one, and know we can't fix it from our end (short of removing the OpenMP threading support.) The environment variable setting is a suitable workaround."

Tyson Persall November 23rd, 2008 11:55 PM

Well it is working now that i did that.

I had searched for this problem but no results that were clear. hopefull this post will help a lost soul like me in the future.