DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Flash / Web Video (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/flash-web-video/)
-   -   QUICK youtube HD Question? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/flash-web-video/141385-quick-youtube-hd-question.html)

David Carter January 11th, 2009 04:10 PM

QUICK youtube HD Question?

Hey guys. How long does it normally take for the "view in HD" option to come up on youtube with your vid after an upload? I've waited about an hour but no sign yet and the standard def version is shocking... Thanks

Ken Diewert January 11th, 2009 04:56 PM

give it a couple of hours and you should be good. It seems to vary a little.

David Carter January 11th, 2009 05:02 PM

Thanks Ken, its appeared now. It took about an hour and 20 mins. Pretty choppy playback at first but another 15 mins later all seems to have settled down and be playing ok.

Ken Diewert January 11th, 2009 10:29 PM

I didn't know about the delay at first, so I spent (wasted) many more hours re-encoding using different settings before realizing there was the delay.

Maybe we can save someone else some grief by posting this.

David Carter January 12th, 2009 05:44 AM

I hope so - I did the same thing, 3 uploads wasted. I'm still not happy with the playback and may delete the HD version due to choppy playback about half the time. It's important to discuss this in a public forum to help others in the same position. It's still new technology so will have issues I reckon.

View my film THE WAY on this link

YouTube - THE WAY

ps let me know how it plays back, thanks

Gary Brun January 12th, 2009 07:07 AM

Hi David.
Its very choppy in HD playback for me.
Great production though..

David Carter January 12th, 2009 07:41 AM

I'll upload a new one youtube HD sadly aint quite good enough yet. I used the settings suggested in another thread but will revisit them with a new upload later today. Thanks for the feedback!

David Carter January 12th, 2009 05:42 PM

Speed of HD download still exceptionally poor at this end. So much so that i've disabled the video.

I've gone for a high quality version of the film and dumped the HD version. The playback was simply too unreliable. View the new version here.

YouTube - THE WAY

Ken Campbell January 13th, 2009 02:45 AM

Hi David, great quality stuff there! You could try putting it on Vimeo in HD to see if playback is better there. FYI, the HQ version played back flawlessly on my 1.5 year old E6600 system. Of course I still have my screen tear problem but it doesn't seem to bother me when watching other people's stuff, but still drives me out of my friggin' mind on my stuff!

David Carter January 13th, 2009 02:48 AM

Hey Ken, I will visit Vimeo with this one and see how it goes there. You Tube's first port of call as it's got such a huge number of hits. Small issues do drive you mad on things like this, it's such a long process to see if it actually works. Thanks for the feeback. Check it out fiolks, oh and rate me on you tube. Need to get the hits up now!