DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/general-hd-720-1080-acquisition/)
-   -   Magazine article I'm writing (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/general-hd-720-1080-acquisition/32516-magazine-article-im-writing.html)

Heath McKnight September 25th, 2004 06:14 PM

Magazine article I'm writing

Anyone who has made/making/will make a short or feature film on HDV, please email me at hmcknight@mac.com so I can ask you some questions for a spec magazine article.

THANKS!

heath

Heath McKnight September 27th, 2004 05:38 PM

I seemed to have lost the DVD to a short HDV film, shot in Denver, called THE GAUNT MAN. Anyone know who the director is and how I can contact him for my article?

THANKS!

heath

Erik Rangel September 29th, 2004 01:12 PM

The Gaunt Man and "El Explosivo" were directed by me.
www.inthemind.com or erik@inthemind.com
E.

Heath McKnight September 29th, 2004 09:18 PM

Yeah, I should've deleted this post, Erik, because we made contact!

heath

Heath McKnight October 13th, 2004 02:41 PM

Just a small delay in getting questions together for everyone, sorry. My students (8 of them) are shooting their films, plus I'm teaching our day classes, so I'm pulling 12 hour days for the last week and a half. I'm off Friday and Saturday, so I'll get to work.

heath

Erik Rangel October 13th, 2004 03:33 PM

Make sure you at least take a time out for a beer. All work and no play...

E.

Heath McKnight October 30th, 2004 12:59 PM

Okay, I've FINALLY got the interview questions done and I've mailed it to everyone who has emailed interest to me. I'm sorry to not contact you more directly, but there are a few people, and it's not simple.

To let you know, my first real article was a spec for MovieMaker's email newsletter with the writer/director and producer team who made Open Water. I've done other stuff, mostly for e-zines (www.advancediron.com) and local publications.

Once I get the questions back, and the article starts to take shape, I may need to ask further, more specific questions.

And, of course, anyone who hasn't contacted me, go ahead and send an email to hmcknight@mac.com and I'll send you the Word document with the questions. I'm giving myself a deadline for two weeks, so hurry up! <g>

THANKS for your patience!

heath

Heath McKnight November 15th, 2004 12:23 AM

Please send your answers to me! I'm shaping up the article now!

heath

Evan Estay November 15th, 2004 09:11 AM

sure, go ahead and shoot me the questions. my email is hollywood.dork@gmail.com

Bill Piedra November 16th, 2004 09:49 AM

I'll be starting on a documentary film shot in HDV this week. I have both the HD10 and the FX1 right now, but will be selling the HD10 soon. I'm not in a rush to sell it. Let me know if there is something I can do to contribute.

B

Heath McKnight November 16th, 2004 03:08 PM

Evan,

You should've gotten them.

heath

Patrick Jenkins February 18th, 2005 03:00 PM

Yo! Your article online anywhere?

Christopher C. Murphy February 18th, 2005 03:10 PM

Yeah, I sent a really long email to you back then for your article. What happened?

Heath McKnight February 18th, 2005 09:04 PM

I got off track with work, personal stuff, etc. Will be writing a review of the VASST HDV book and wrapping up my article.

heath

Christopher C. Murphy February 19th, 2005 07:55 AM

Cool, thanks for the update!