DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/general-hd-720-1080-acquisition/)
-   -   Chris Hurd....has anyone thank'd you??? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/general-hd-720-1080-acquisition/39272-chris-hurd-has-anyone-thankd-you.html)

Shannon Rawls February 11th, 2005 09:30 AM

Chris Hurd....has anyone thank'd you???

I mean...has anybody given you your props for such a wonderful and informative website idea that has helped so many in their decision making, shooting style, contacts & resources, questions, buying decisions, techniques, reviews, and just a cool place to talk about stuff people love to do????

ESPECIALLY for the new and upcoming format of HDV??

if not...

Thanks man.

- Shannon W. Rawls

Heath McKnight February 11th, 2005 10:54 AM

I for one am happy this is here!

heath

Christopher C. Murphy February 11th, 2005 11:23 AM

Oh, we've kissed his butt many times before...believe me!

If you want to thank him...order from our sponsors. He likes that. :)

Chris Hurd February 11th, 2005 11:56 PM

As always, Murph sums it up!

If y'all like this place so much and feel like giving a little back, just make your next purchase from EVS, Zotz, ZGC, VariZoom, B&H, 16x9 Inc, Focus Enhancements... their "underwriting" is what makes the wheels go around at DV Info.

Thanks for the props, Shannon -- basically I built this place as a way to learn more, my own self. Early on, the moderators and I pitched the "real names" concept to the forum regulars and the idea really took off in a big way. It's what separates us from the rest of the field. There are a bunch of other DV message boards out there -- we're the first (and so far, the only) one to do real names only. Kind of like a virtual trade show, everybody is up front about who they are, and it's a much friendlier place as a result. I admit, it doesn't appeal to everybody, but we're not interested in attracting the folks that the real-names concept doesn't appeal to.

There's a ton of message boards out there but there's only one place like this. The members are the key. They make it what it is. All I did was pitch the idea of "what if" principles for an online community, and the folks that register and post are the ones who picked up the ball and ran with it.

So, a big thank-you to YOU and everybody else who spends time here helping each other out!

Heath McKnight February 12th, 2005 12:16 AM

Though I'm a wrangler and one of the first to jump on the HDV bandwagon, I find myself learning all kinds of new stuff here every week. And I try to pass along what I know as often as possible.

Thanks again to everyone involved!

heath

Mathieu Ghekiere February 12th, 2005 08:33 AM

Héhé, Shannon If you do a seach with "Thank you Chris Hurd" I think you'll find 2 or 3 topics :-)

But the topic deserves to be repeated once in a while ;-)

Christopher C. Murphy February 12th, 2005 12:11 PM

I have to say from personal experience that Chris Hurd is the coolest owner of forums online. He's extremely diplomatic, but also runs a tight ship. The end result is we all enjoy a spam-free environment, top notch *free* tech support and amazingly simple interfaces to post and read from 24/7.

Let me be the first one to say that I've probably got a DVinfo addiction. I have to check "View New Posts Here" 100 times a day. Also, I have this horrible habit of checking my posts and editing them immediately afterwards.

Does anyone else do that?? I'm retarded when it comes to my posts. (I've edited this post 3 times now!)

Jimmy McKenzie February 12th, 2005 12:40 PM

yep...

Ah jest hade it when ah maeks a tie-po.

I immediately correct it. The edit button is invaluable. Especially when I mispell a word.

And now that we have Chris' attention, while it was a nice road trip to the DV expo east last year to visit with you at the Canon booth, do you know of any upcoming events for Toronto?

Chris Hurd February 12th, 2005 01:52 PM

Jimmy, I don't know what the deal is up there in Cananada. I never hear about any industry-related trade events in the Big North, and I have no idea why that is. Now if *you* find out about any Canajian affairs that are any bigger than a dealer-sponsored vendor day, please let us know about it.

Meanwhile I think your best definite bet is DV Expo East, down south in The Big Apple around July.

DV Info Net is intended to appeal to a worldwide audience, but it's interesting how its biggest membership factions beyond the U.S. contingent happen to be Oztralian, British and Canadanadian.

Heath McKnight February 12th, 2005 03:19 PM

Don't you mean Brittishhhhh?

heith

Mathieu Ghekiere February 12th, 2005 06:07 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Christopher C. Murphy :
Let me be the first one to say that I've probably got a DVinfo addiction. I have to check "View New Posts Here" 100 times a day. Also, I have this horrible habit of checking my posts and editing them immediately afterwards.

Does anyone else do that?? I'm retarded when it comes to my posts. (I've edited this post 3 times now!) -->>>

I can agree on the Dvinfo addiction!
But you just can keep reading here, and keep learning, it's like it never ends.
It's the first site I open if I get home, and I check it... about around every half hour, sometimes I just let it stand open, to keep reading.
You just almost can't explain in words what one can learn around here.

Heath McKnight February 12th, 2005 10:43 PM

I like message boards, but this and this one are the only ones I visit.

heath