DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/general-hd-720-1080-acquisition/)
-   -   Are there any compact cameras recording like a good videocamera? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/general-hd-720-1080-acquisition/515939-there-any-compact-cameras-recording-like-good-videocamera.html)

Adriano Moroni April 22nd, 2013 04:07 PM

Re: Are there any compact cameras recording like a good videocamera?

I have viewed and viewed it again and it seems recorded by a professional videocamera. It seems incredible. I cannot scarcely believe my eyes. But that video will be made by Sony HX50V really?

Ron Evans April 22nd, 2013 06:20 PM

I am sure not all the video was shot with the HX50v but would not be surprised if a lot was. I will try and find something from my HX30v that I can post.

Ron Evans

Adriano Moroni April 23rd, 2013 02:15 AM

I'd like to see even one some seconds clip but without compression.
Thanks

OUT OF CURIOSITY: In your opinion how much important is a Flip-Out Screen for video?

John McCully April 23rd, 2013 03:42 AM

Here is a short clip shot with the HX20v and uploaded as is off the camera without any editing. Hand held with auto everything in order that you get an idea of the basic performance of the cam. A very warm and dry summer’s day in mid-Canterbury, New Zealand; skin cancer central due to the excessive solar radiation the area receives, in other words lots of natural light.

Clearly the internal microphone is somewhat capable also although I have to say that little motor was making one hell of a racket.

Suggestion: download the original to view.

Adriano Moroni April 23rd, 2013 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John McCully (Post 1792020)
Here is a short clip shot with the HX20v and uploaded as is off the camera without any editing.

Good! I thank you!

Adriano Moroni April 23rd, 2013 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John McCully (Post 1792020)
Here is a short clip shot with the HX20v and uploaded as is off the camera without any editing.

This is my opinion and it is subjective. I see a good image even if there aren't many colours. Unfortunately maroon is dominant. What I don't like is its sharpness. It is very far from a semi-pro videocamera. But I reapeat: I don't like the environment in which the video was recorded. Then I'd like to seee the environment in wide angle.
Thanks

Ron Evans April 24th, 2013 07:33 AM

HX50V announced. Sony High Zoom Camera | Cyber-shot Digital Camera HX50V | DSC-HX50V/B | Sony USA

Ron Evans

Adriano Moroni April 24th, 2013 07:42 AM

Imaging Sensor of HX50V is 1/2.3" Exmor R® CMOS. Is RX100 better than HX50V for video?

Dave Blackhurst April 24th, 2013 12:23 PM

Too early to tell - the HX50 appears to use the same 20MPix sensor as the HX300, but Sony often tweaks things as they release newer cameras.

I may be able to do some test footage of the RX100 vs. the HX300 in a few days. I would expect there to be at a minimum differences in DoF and low light sensitivity, and I would expect manual control to be more limited on an HX camera.

There is also the possibility that a successor to the RX100 will be announced soon - it's been a VERY sucessful cam for Sony, and they might well want to build upon its success, adding the MIShoe, maybe additional lens range, perhaps a body redesign to add a grip... again though, this is a "speculation", if you need a camera, you have to go with something you can actually buy...

John McCully April 24th, 2013 01:47 PM

Based on the specs the HX50v appeals to me I must say. Similar reach as the HX200v - a tad wider and a tad shorter - half the weight, much smaller, possibly superior image stabilization and a high quality EVF (costing as much as the camera). I have a similar EVF (if not identical other than the connectors) on my NEX 5n and it is a joy to use. I regret purchasing the HX20v as in bright sunlight I find it virtually unusable. I returned the HX300 as I didn’t consider it a remarkable upgrade on the HX200v. The HX50v, especially with the EVF, looks more promising. I expect the same, if not superior, very good video performance as all the small Sony cams.

Adriano Moroni April 24th, 2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Blackhurst (Post 1792336)
I may be able to do some test footage of the RX100 vs. the HX300 in a few days. I would expect there to be at a minimum differences in DoF and low light sensitivity, and I would expect manual control to be more limited on an HX camera.

I have viewed some shots on the net of SONY HX300 and I like them very much. I think is hard to find a camera better than SONY HX300. I wil be very very happy to view some comparison shots of SONY HX300 and RX100.
Thanks in advance.

PS: Is there one battery type? That is 1240mAh only?

Ron Evans April 24th, 2013 04:14 PM

I think the HX50 and the HX300 are fundamentally the same with the larger zoom lens assembly on the HX300 and missing a few features like GPS etc from the HX50. HX300 has the advantage of being able to attach filters but lacks GPS, the new Mi hot shoe, WiFi connection and will not fit in your pocket !!! Having looked on Youtube there are lots on both the HX300 and HX30 nothing on the HX50 yet. I expect video quality will be about the same for them since the sensor and processor will be the same. So I think the choice will be convenience of putting the camera in your pocket, GPS, WiFi etc or having a 50x zoom and looking like a DSLR. There is only $50 difference so price will not be the deciding factor.

Ron Evans

Adriano Moroni April 24th, 2013 05:00 PM

Why don't you take into account the point that a better circuit might be in a larger camera than in a very small camera This one could result in a better outcome, that is better video.

Bruce Dempsey April 24th, 2013 06:07 PM

I've tried the 1 inch sensor for video of fast sports and even with good lighting focus is a big problem for big sensors
If you have the luxury of retakes or your scene remains fairly static then a sensor the size of the one in the RX100 will do. However video of fast moving objects especially people requires large depth of field such as that provided by sensors under 1/2" (so that the camera focus is usually in the ball park focal length wise so hunting gets a head start
My hx300 arrives from Hong Kong tomorrow or Friday and I haven't been this excited since... (I can't remember when)
I'm thinking this might be like the day they introduced the cx 550v only better

Ron Evans April 24th, 2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adriano Moroni (Post 1792380)
Why don't you take into account the point that a better circuit might be in a larger camera than in a very small camera This one could result in a better outcome, that is better video.

I think the price difference between the HX300 and the HX30 is in the size of the body /lens balanced off with the removal of the GPS etc that the HX30 has. Typical Sony, I am sure the internals are the same. Different market, different product form factor. Same Bionz processor, same sensor, same codec, different feature set. At the same focal length I expect it will be very difficult to tell them apart for still or video.

To get a real difference in image quality one would expect to pay more than twice as much, not just $50. The $50 implies the same thing in a different package.

Ron Evans