DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/general-hd-720-1080-acquisition/)
-   -   HD Video Transmission (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/general-hd-720-1080-acquisition/521601-hd-video-transmission.html)

Jerry Davis February 11th, 2014 11:18 AM

HD Video Transmission

We are looking to shoot video in a church sanctuary and transmit HD video, wireless or cable, to a flatscreen tv in another building about 150 feet away. What are the options, equipment needed, problems and an idea of cost? I plan on using a Canon HV30 which has HDMI out. Thank you

James Kuhn February 11th, 2014 01:18 PM

Re: HD Video Transmission

Jerry Davis...you might want to take a look at the attached.

How Long Can HDMI Cable be Run? -- Blue Jeans Cable

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

J.

Jerry Davis February 11th, 2014 03:04 PM

Thank you sir

Pedanes Bol February 11th, 2014 05:45 PM

YouTube Live Streaming

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2474026?hl=en

Nate Haustein February 11th, 2014 05:51 PM

Jerry, I've used HDMI extenders with CAT5 cable for runs of over 150 feet. I bought the whole system from monoprice for just over $100 I think. It really does work well.

James Kuhn February 12th, 2014 10:25 AM

Nate Haustein...thanks for that link. I usually try to ensure my equipment is capable of HD/SDI output, however, it's nice to have a an alternative.

Best regards,

J.

Jerry Davis February 12th, 2014 12:15 PM

well, ok, i was wrong. it is over 300 feet. had a guy come out and take a look and wireless options might be the only option. comments?

Robert Benda February 12th, 2014 12:52 PM

YouTube live stream requires at least 100 subscribers to your channel.
UStream doesn't, and would be a viable option to rig up a Webcam style show IF there is wifi available in both locations.

Or you could run the camera feed into your laptop and use a wifi network NOT connected to the internet (bring your own router) to transmit. Not sure the best option, but a simple choice would be an app like Splashtop that lets you put see the desktop remotely. I do this to control a laptop remotely via Kindle or smarthphone, but it could be from a 2nd laptop/desktop using a TV as a monitor, just as easily. I use a router broadcasting wifi with no internet to create a private network between the 2 devices.

If cables aren't an option, there are HD transmitters made for TV signals and the versions geared for the home on Amazon aren't outrageous in price, but may not be able to make your distance once walls (stone? brick?) are involved. You could split the difference and run a cable outside one building to a transmitter that carries it the rest of the way.

Jerry Davis February 12th, 2014 01:33 PM

thanks a lot for all the replies and info. now i'm being told fiber optic will work in this situation.

Michael Anthony Hermogeno April 21st, 2014 11:55 AM

Sorry for the thread revival, but I have been away from the forums for a while...

I saw this product at a photo show back in 2012 and it was pretty amazing for live local broadcast with almost no lag. It does not run on wifi so it gives your viewers real time if lip sync is important.

http://www.paralinx.net/

Another option for online live streaming, I do live stream using a Cerevo LiveShell Pro and a Verizon wireless hot spot on Ustream.tv.

Jerry Davis May 3rd, 2014 07:27 PM

thanks michael, just noticed your post. i'll check it out

Chris Medico May 4th, 2014 05:05 AM

You can do 300' with hdmi to sdi converters. I shot a wedding where there were more people attending than would fit in the church. We ran a RG6 coax more than 500' to an adjacent building where the overflow crowd watched on a projector. We took the sdi out from the fs700 with no amplifier and fed it through the cable into a sdi/hdmi converter. Picture was perfect.

They did the same remote video setup again with two converters since the camera was hdmi out and it also worked great.

This option will be cheaper and more reliable in the long run versus the wireless.

Rich Greb May 5th, 2014 07:12 AM

For long runs SDI through coax is most reliable.

Wireless HD is another option within range and going through walls limitations. A wedding videographer used a Radian wireless HD set to send video from the main banquet room to a nearby overflow room without any need to run cable.

But for many situations, a combination of wireless HD and SDI cabling is perfect. For example, if you need some flexibility of camera positions without the hassle of cabling, you can transmit from camera to a wireless receiver, then convert to SDI and coax to complete the link. We have a number of customers that use Radian sets this way.

Rich Greb
Camera Motion Research