Production Switcher for HD-SDI - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition

General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition
Topics about HD production.

Old June 30th, 2006, 08:42 AM   #16
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Villalpando
I checked out the DataMedia a couple of months back and, although loved being able to hook up firewire cables instead of 26 pin multicore, it had shortcomings I couldn't get over. DataMedia is working to make improvements. Gotta get back to work. Ciao for now.
I am shooting with a new HVR-Z1U and plan on ending my stream at a HVR-M25U deck. I need to keep the stream at 1080i. The deck only records 1081i via Firewire. I need a switcher that handles HD via firewire. I could not find any info about this thing called "DataMedia" any info or links would be greatly appreciated.
Walter Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2006, 12:46 AM   #17
New Boot

Panasonic has an HD-SDI mixer planned for ~$8,000

Panasonic has heard your cries for an affordable HD-SDI mixer. At IBC they announced the AV-HS300 mixer, which is supposed to be released in November (at least in Europe), with a price of about $8,000 (even cheaper than the Edirol!).

This mixer is a six input HD-SDI mixer, which can also handle SD-SDI input (but it can't do both SD and HD at the same time). You can find out more about it here: http://panasonic-broadcast.com/index...ID=1&PID=11831

I hope this helps -

Matt
Matt Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2006, 06:52 AM   #18
Trustee

Thanks Mr. Martin. I'll check into the Panny.
Old December 2nd, 2006, 02:35 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Question.....

Are we talking HD-SDI (Single Cable) output to the switcher or component HD output (RGB) to switcher? Because if you are going out of the HD/SD-SDI output on the camera, wouldn't a standard SDI switcher work? I could understand getting an upgraded HD switcher if you were doing Component RGB out of the camera, but in basic single line signal, does it matter???? I would like to know because I am getting ready to purchase two H1's and to XH-g1's with a Panny SD-SDI Switcher, so throw me some feedback.

THanks

Bryon <><
Commandment #11- "Thou shalt Render as thou goest."

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom" (Prov. 1:7)
Bryon Akerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2006, 12:52 AM   #20
New Boot

HD SDI is a whole new ballgame

Hi Bryon,

I'm not sure if I interpreted your question correctly, but hold up there a second if you plan on using a Panasonic SD SDI switcher with HD SDI signals. An HD 1080 signal has to transmit about 6 times the information that an SD 480 signal has to transmit in the same mount of time. Therefore, even though the data is transmitted serially in each case, the HD SDI has a new transmission technology at a much higher frequency than the SD version. You could still use the mixer if you are sending it SD SDI signals from the the Canon cameras, but if you send an SD mixer HD signals it will drop data like crazy and not function correctly.

Matt
Matt Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 10:02 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Matt,

Thanks man. That DOES answer my question. Now, is there a good HD_SDI switcher out there or do I need to settle on a Component HD Switcher? I'm trying to stay in the sub 10,000 budget

Bryon
Commandment #11- "Thou shalt Render as thou goest."

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom" (Prov. 1:7)
Bryon Akerman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > General HD (720 / 1080) Acquisition