DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Grass Valley / Canopus NLE (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/grass-valley-canopus-nle/)
-   -   Ripple audio tracks? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/grass-valley-canopus-nle/92191-ripple-audio-tracks.html)

Gary J. Walker April 23rd, 2007 12:51 PM

Ripple audio tracks?

Is there a way of having an added audio piece, on an "audio Track" ripple down the track with the other VA tracks, tried everthing that I could think of, this is necessary when adding a clip on a VA track preceeding the added audio piece, Gary

Mike Downey April 23rd, 2007 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary J. Walker (Post 665842)
Is there a way of having an added audio piece, on an "audio Track" ripple down the track with the other VA tracks, tried everthing that I could think of, this is necessary when adding a clip on a VA track preceeding the added audio piece, Gary

Do you have ripple mode on? ;)

Roy Colquitt April 23rd, 2007 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Downey (Post 665984)
Do you have ripple mode on? ;)

Mike, wouldn't that be Sync Mode?

Mike Downey April 23rd, 2007 07:55 PM

nope... in 4.o and higher there is a button next to the mode button that is called ripple. :)

Now if you are not on 4.0 or higher please make sure that under the mode button that sync is selected.

Mike

Mike Downey April 23rd, 2007 07:56 PM

Hi Roy... Great to see ya! :)

Mike

Gary J. Walker April 23rd, 2007 08:25 PM

You are correct sir,, I always have ripple on but accidentally switched it off, thats another pizza for you, but their's a catch...one more question, I'm able to make a SD DVD in roxio, BUT I must have some setting wrong in Edius, Problem is the image scene on the DVD (Played on a 42" 1080P Samsung LCD) is like a 16x9 pic in pic taking up about 80% of the screen, black sides and top and bottom, proper size but not full screen...? I'm using speed encoder, the clip properties is 1440 x1080. 1,3333 (16x9) aspect ratio, under speed encoder I don't think their is a size option..PS output device settings NHX-E160Hz, output format, HDV 1080/29.97p over 59.94i....(this is my last stumbling block hope you can help. Gary..Thanks for everything Mike.

Mike Downey April 23rd, 2007 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary J. Walker (Post 666120)
You are correct sir,, I always have ripple on but accidentally switched it off, thats another pizza for you, but their's a catch...one more question, I'm able to make a SD DVD in roxio, BUT I must have some setting wrong in Edius, Problem is the image scene on the DVD (Played on a 42" 1080P Samsung LCD) is like a 16x9 pic in pic taking up about 80% of the screen, black sides and top and bottom, proper size but not full screen...? I'm using speed encoder, the clip properties is 1440 x1080. 1,3333 (16x9) aspect ratio, under speed encoder I don't think their is a size option..PS output device settings NHX-E160Hz, output format, HDV 1080/29.97p over 59.94i....(this is my last stumbling block hope you can help. Gary..Thanks for everything Mike.

Check the Aspect ratio settings on the set. Try different settings and see if that fixes it.

Mike