DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/great-deals-dv-info-net-sponsors/)
-   -   Hey Chris, A Question About DV Info Net Sponsors... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/great-deals-dv-info-net-sponsors/16742-hey-chris-question-about-dv-info-net-sponsors.html)

Phil Reams November 6th, 2003 06:12 AM

Hey Chris, A Question About DV Info Net Sponsors...

I'm a fairly regular customer of B&H. A while back, I bookmarked a link you provided in the PD150 forum when they came on-board as a sponsor.

I just want to make sure that the community gets credit when I purchase a product or navigate to their site.

Is this the proper link? I think I know the answer, but I just wanted to make sure.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/?BI=155 (I did not make it a clickable link for ease of reading...)

Thanks!

-Phil

Jeff Donald November 6th, 2003 06:45 AM

Yes, that is the correct link. It identifies that you got to B & H's site via the DV Info site. B & H tracks this type of activity to see if there support of DV Info is justified. It is important therefore, that you use our custom link each time you go to B & H and not bookmark the generic B & H web address.

Phil Reams November 6th, 2003 10:59 AM

Cool. Thanks Jeff.

-Phil

Bryan Beasleigh November 6th, 2003 12:44 PM

Clicking on your link and then book marking it will not allow for tracking. The original link
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/?BI=155

will be converted to http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home
when you click on "add" to favorites

To change this back I clicked on the B&H bookmark. Right clicked and selected properties. I deleted the forwarded URL and pasted the one that you listed (the one that will allow tracking)

This is a duplicate of a post I just left on the Sponsors thread. I may not have explained it that well. This ios something that should be addressed so that this site can get the proper recognition.

Rob Wilson November 6th, 2003 01:06 PM

Chris,

Want to make sure I'm doing it right. If I click on the B&H link on the sponsors page, your site gets credit right?

Thanks

Jeff Donald November 6th, 2003 01:18 PM

Yes, you can use the link on the sponsors page and thanks for helping to support the forums and the site.

Bryan, it must be a Mac/PC thing as far as bookmarking the link. Bookmarking works on both the Mac browsers I use regularly.

Rob Wilson November 6th, 2003 01:37 PM

Glad to hear it considering the change I've been sending to BH lately. Does BH report referal spending back to the site? It would be interesting to see just what sponsorship does for them.

Bryan Beasleigh November 6th, 2003 03:52 PM

Sure, the bookmark works, but it's marking the main page that the login page refers it too.

Try this
Click on the posted URL

then read the address on your browser, they're different.

The Sponsor log In page has forwarded you to the home page after it's counted the hit.

You still don't believe me, read the link in the bookmark properties box.

Chris Hurd November 6th, 2003 04:21 PM

Rob -- if I hear back from B&H regarding a referral report, I'll be sure to post it. Thanks,

Dorothy Engleman December 2nd, 2003 01:21 AM

I can't praise enough the extraordinary service and attention I received from Chris at ZGC where I purchased my ZR65 and will buy my procam next year, and would like to thank Chris H. for this great sponsor!

I wish I could say the same for the folks at B&H but my pre-Thanksgiving purchase from them has turned into a consumer nightmare.

The only other dealer that carries the Bogen model I wish to purchase is Adorama. Would it be inappropriate for me to ask whether anyone has had a positive experience with this non-sponsor?

As always, thanks for your informative and helpful comments!

Dorothy

John Locke December 2nd, 2003 02:07 AM

Dorothy,

I've used Adorama and B&H for purchases. I'd have to recommend giving B&H another chance and trying to avoid Adorama.

That's not because I'm a wrangler here and want to promote our sponsors...it's based on experience. I've never had a major problem with B&H, but with Adorama it was all problems.

Dorothy Engleman December 2nd, 2003 07:43 PM

Hi John,

OK, Adorama is chopped liver.

This afternoon, I spoke with a B & H Customer Service sup and was able to congenially resolve issues about my order much to my satisfaction.

Thanks for your encouraging words. I love happy endings!

Dorothy

Marc Young December 29th, 2003 02:33 PM

I would stay away from Adorama too. They insist on shipping from a reverse phone number to address directory, which is just plain wrong. The computer can't be wrong, i.e., you have to live at that address. No I don't.

If you want to know how good the customer service is at B&H, I'll give you an example. Two months ago, I special-ordered a Kino-flo fixture from them. The web site had a picture which indicated a ballast was present. A customer service rep must have noticed that the model # did not track with the picture shown. He called me up to notify me. They let me cancel the order, even though special-orders are not usually cancellable. That's what I call honesty and integrity. Try finding that at Adorama.

Jack Barker October 30th, 2004 11:01 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Jeff Donald :Bryan, it must be a Mac/PC thing as far as bookmarking the link. Bookmarking works on both the Mac browsers I use regularly. -->>>

Jeff, Bryan is correct. The URL changes too quickly to the B&H home page to be able to bookmark it, but it only takes a second to change it in "Properties" to the URL posted above. If I hadn't read Bryan's posts, I would have gone on thinking that I had done a GOOD THING by bookmarking a URL which would give some credit to DV Info.

Henry Posner March 10th, 2005 12:19 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Dorothy Engleman :

This afternoon, I spoke with a B & H Customer Service sup and was able to congenially resolve issues about my order much to my satisfaction.

Thanks for your encouraging words. I love happy endings!

Dorothy -->>>

I am pleased to hear this has been resolved and apologize for your earlier difficulty.

To the others here -- we're pleased to sponsor dvinfo.net and we're thrilled you want to be sure the site gets the kudos for the business. We're around when you need us. Thanks.