DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/great-deals-dv-info-net-sponsors/)
-   -   B&H Monitor Return Policy? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/great-deals-dv-info-net-sponsors/298845-b-h-monitor-return-policy.html)

Peter Moretti August 19th, 2009 08:49 PM

B&H Monitor Return Policy?

I'm considering purchasing a new HP monitor.

HP / Hewlett-Packard | LP2475w 24" LCD | KD911A8#ABA | B&H

I normally buy computer equipment from Newegg, but their monitor return policy is there has to be more than eight dead pixels. They always seem reasonable, so I don't know how hard and fast the rule is, but in the event of bad pixels, I don't want have to test it.

So what is B&H's monitor return policy? I've read the Return Policy page but it seems unclear in regards to computer monitors.

B&H Photo Video Return & Exchange

"No Return/Exchange On:

TVs, combos and monitors 37" and larger once opened
Computers, Software and Hardware once unwrapped
..."

Are computer monitors okay to return as long as they are under 37"? Or are computer monitors considered Computer Hardware and nonreturnable once unwrapped?

Thanks much for the clarification.

Don Bloom August 20th, 2009 04:30 AM

why not call them and ask-that way there is no question or misunderstanding.

Peter Moretti August 20th, 2009 05:06 AM

I'd rather get a post from Henry answering the ?. I had some instances where B&H said one thing on the phone and then not honored it. (They are long stories that I'd rather not rehash.)

Shaun Roemich August 20th, 2009 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Moretti (Post 1244675)
their monitor return policy is there has to be more than eight dead pixels.

WOW... I would NEVER accept more than three dead pixels, and NONE of them in the centre 80% of my image. I have 2 stuck pixels on my 19" LG field monitor and I STRUGGLE not to be upset...

Peter Moretti September 3rd, 2009 05:56 AM

Well I just bit the bullet and bought the monitor from B&H. NO dead pixels, so no testing their return policy.

I have to say it's one sweet monitor, but very bright. But now I'm running Avid Media Composer w/ FOUR monitors. LAlalalalalala! ;P

Scott Brickert September 22nd, 2009 01:11 PM

This post is to honor B&H's outstanding return policy (subject to their exceptions and fine print).

Try it for a few days, if you don't like it, return it in the same condition you received it in.

This really helps folks like me, living in the boonies (the nearest Best Buy is 3 hours away). I respected their policy, took good care of everything (both a Pentax K7 and Nikon D300s, with lenses), returned them, began sweating to see if they would accept everything back, and then was relieved when they issued the refunds.

So now, although I could pre-order a Canon 7d at various sites, I'm waiting to get one from B&H...