DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/great-deals-dv-info-net-sponsors/)
-   -   Tapeworks Texas (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/great-deals-dv-info-net-sponsors/69357-tapeworks-texas.html)

Richard Osuna June 11th, 2006 09:13 PM

Tapeworks Texas

I just wanted to share my experience about Tapeworks Texas, which I learned of from this forum.

On Tuesday, I placed an order for the JVC HD100...by Friday I received it and paid nothing for shipping. The service was the best and I would certainly buy from them again.....

Just wanted to throw that out there. Also...thanks for everyone for the tips and advice.

I have one more question....My setup is as follows....any advice/suggestions?

Dual Core AMD w/1GB memory
160 GB internal HD
500 GB external HD w/ firewire b (the external is going to be used exclusively for capturing/editing with IEEE B port)

I plan to connect my camera to the 6-pin Firewire port (I know not to hot swap) and the 500 GB hard drive to the 9-pin IEEE b port on the computer. If my firewire card has three ports (1-6 pin/2-9 pin) does it matter if I connect the camera and the hard drive at the same time? I am still new to firewire.

Can anyone recommend a cleaning kit for the JVC camera/lens? Thanks!

K. Forman June 11th, 2006 09:20 PM

How'd you rate the free shipping? I got charged a pretty penny plus a bit on sales tax!

Richard Osuna June 11th, 2006 09:43 PM

great!

The free shipping (Texas to Nevada) was very quick. The camera was supposed to be here on Monday, but it arrived on Friday at 5PM.

My wife almost killed the UPS driver because he was about to just leave the camera in plain sight at the door even before anyone answered it. Imagine if we weren't home?

Isa Totah June 12th, 2006 01:38 AM

Ditto

I concur. I've had a great experience with Tapeworks Texas. The customer service is second to none. I bought my HD100 from them and also some Senheiser mics and the experience was great. And for a case I wanted, they even recommended a competitor that was running a promotion that they couldn't match. How often do you hear that?

Dennis Stevens June 12th, 2006 12:27 PM

I also recommend them. I got my HD 100UA, for a very good price, and the shipping wasn't too bad for Texas to Massachusetts.

Got a call from the President of the company just making sure I got everything, and I filled out the AB power promo documents correctly.

Scott Jaco June 13th, 2006 07:50 PM

Why is there such an overwhelming need to give props to Tapeworks?

I’m not doubting that they have OK deals but this is getting out of hand.

Why don’t they just change the website from dvinfo.net to Tapeworks.com?

Michael Best June 13th, 2006 08:49 PM

These are the things we want to know Scott - Too much drama Sir

K. Forman June 13th, 2006 08:56 PM

Well. just for you Scott, we could recommend several terrible places to buy from. Everybody else ought to know who treats you right. I almost bought my gear from B&H, which is by all rights, a reliable place. I just didn't like the way the salesman was bored by my call. Not only were they friendly and helpful at TWT, but they did give me a decent break on the cam and stuff. How many other places can you say were that easy to do business with?

Tim Holtermann June 14th, 2006 10:29 AM

Scott, this is the second post I've read from you complaining about the mention of Tapeworks. Why don't you just let the moderators do their job and if you don't like these posts, skip over them.

I've never bought from Tapeworks as I'm in Southern CA and I run over to EVS as they treat me well. The reason why this should be talked about is because the more support we give to certain establishments the more they give back. This helps everyone by giving us better prices, better confidence in our purchase and better support. Believe it or not but some people don't know where to buy things.

In the case of EVS - the people that work there are not just a bunch of kids trying to find their way through life. Most are workring professionals in the industry that supplement their income. They post information, first hand knowledge of equipment, and so on.

Let us help those that help us.

K. Forman June 14th, 2006 10:35 AM

I ordered on Friday, they got the wire on Monday, and my camera is on the UPS truck, headed to my house today! Woohoo!

Gary Williams June 14th, 2006 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Holtermann
Scott, this is the second post I've read from you complaining about the mention of Tapeworks. Why don't you just let the moderators do their job and if you don't like these posts, skip over them.

I've never bought from Tapeworks as I'm in Southern CA and I run over to EVS as they treat me well. The reason why this should be talked about is because the more support we give to certain establishments the more they give back. This helps everyone by giving us better prices, better confidence in our purchase and better support. Believe it or not but some people don't know where to buy things.

In the case of EVS - the people that work there are not just a bunch of kids trying to find their way through life. Most are workring professionals in the industry that supplement their income. They post information, first hand knowledge of equipment, and so on.

Let us help those that help us.

Great statement Tim you hit the nail right on the head. Its the same reason we all bought from JVC in the first place and why JVC is so attentive to these forums, they want loyal customers who are happy with their products as well as sevice and the good word spread amoung'st many only means more business for them. Same is true for the retailer B&H use to be the company to beat but not any more customer service has gone down over the years. What was it in the forum not to long ago they were selling old stock HD-100's with the old problems and claiming it was new stock, it was at that point I immediately scratched them out as a vender I would buy from {ask for one thing and get another}. My money was spent with a company I felt I could trust based on information from forums like this and a forum like this is why B&H did not get my business. If companies like Tapeworks or EVS ect... are willing to make us great deals on equipment, give us good service and support then why would we not do the same for them by spreading the word, its only logical. It is the same bases JVC has built their success on since the interduction of the HD-100. I rest my case.

Dennis Stevens June 14th, 2006 02:15 PM

Just agreeing with Tim, even if all this praise seems a bit much, remember there are sooooo many rip-off places compared to the number of trusted vendors.

Also factor in how much money this type of equipment costs - at least it's a lot for me :-) and you see how valuable it is to know who can be trusted.

Greg Boston June 14th, 2006 03:05 PM

We have other such 'sponsor praise' threads but they are in the sponsor's forum. I am going to move this thread over there because it seems a better place than just the JVC forum.

regards,

-gb-

K. Forman June 14th, 2006 04:07 PM

It's here! It's here! Y'all can't see it, but my HD100 just showed, and I'm a doin the Snoopy Happy Dance!!!

Scott Jaco June 14th, 2006 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Boston
We have other such 'sponsor praise' threads but they are in the sponsor's forum. I am going to move this thread over there because it seems a better place than just the JVC forum.
-gb-

Thank you. I'm just trying to keep the spamming to a minimum.

Scott

Jonathan Nelson June 14th, 2006 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Forman
It's here! It's here! Y'all can't see it, but my HD100 just showed, and I'm a doin the Snoopy Happy Dance!!!

I myself can't wait to do that in a few weeks. However, I will be having double the fun since I am ordering 2 of them. One to lose and the other to use. Probably order them from tapeworks.

I am way cooler then you...

K. Forman June 15th, 2006 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Nelson
I myself can't wait to do that in a few weeks. However, I will be having double the fun since I am ordering 2 of them. One to lose and the other to use. Probably order them from tapeworks.

I am way cooler then you...

Uh-uh! Are not!

Jonathan Nelson June 15th, 2006 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Forman
Uh-uh! Are not!

oh yeah, your so much cooler with your hd100 and gl1.

Patricia Lamm July 6th, 2006 12:22 PM

I just wanted to add my voice to those happy with the service from Tapeworks Texas. In particular, Scott Cantrell has been an extremely knowledgable source of information and help to me over the last week, even rushing an order over to a FedEx location himself (because I ordered after their last pickup of the day) so that I could receive an item in time for a shoot. In addition, I'm learning to my chagrin that their prices are much better than what I've been paying at another well-known (and excellent) site. I can say that I highly recommend Scott & Tapeworks Texas!

Michael Best July 6th, 2006 02:00 PM

Dittos, they never make you feel like it's 'time' to get off the phone..

Justin Deming August 29th, 2006 11:06 AM

Hey, just wanted to add another success story. I wanted to get an HD-100 while I could get the free AB battery kit. I had 90% of the money ready, but needed one more paycheck to get it. I discovered that B&H was out of new HD-100's, and Tapeworks was had only a few left.

They held one for me for about 10 days till I could get paid. They didn't have to do that. They could have sold that camera to someone else a week sooner, but instead they kept it for me. I also got a good price, and didn't pay shipping.

I'm glad I chose tapeworks, the other company wouldn't have done all that for me.

Eric Kome October 11th, 2006 01:37 PM

More praise for TapeWorks Texas and Scott Cantrell

I can't say enough about Texas TapeWorks and Scott Cantrell. I had to completely re-outfit our video department with updated gear - camera (jvc gy-hd110), deck, monitor, sticks, drives, etc. Scott was a HUGE help, spent a lot of time with me recommending stuff, working with our constraints, and not pressuring me at all as we waited for the accounting red tape on my side.

He made sure we had everything we needed down to the last cable, and was a real pleasure to work with. plus, their prices were far better than any that i could find online at other retailers.

we'll be doing all future business with TapeWorks. I highly recommend them.

Jeffrey Butler April 5th, 2007 05:08 PM

Kudos to Scott @ Tapeworks

Thanks to Scott Cantrell at Tapeworks for spending an inordinate amount of time with me on the phone regarding a big order...I really appreciate your efforts.

Jeff

Reid Bailey June 12th, 2007 08:38 AM

Does anyone know a supervisor or manager at Tapeworks?

I just placed my first order there and am not real happy with how things are playing out. I just want to take care of this as quickly as possible.

I usually order from B&H and have never had a problem, but wanted to try Tapeworks because of the reviews here.

I can post details here once things get worked out, which hopefully won't take too long.

Dan Keaton June 12th, 2007 04:51 PM

Have you called them and explained the problem?

Is this a problem with a delay in shipment?

Scott Cantrell June 13th, 2007 09:57 AM

Reid Bailey,

Hello Sir! My name is Scott Cantrell and I am the Sales Manager at TapeWorks Texas Inc. Dontae Housley was your sales rep here and processed your order for the GYHD110U package. I will be contacting you promptly to discuss any discrepencies you have with your order. Please note that if you ever have any concerns, you can contact us toll free 866-827-3489 and we will do everything we can to resolve the issue.

Best Regards,
Scott Cantrell
Sales Manager
TapeWorks Texas Inc - HDVinfo Sponser

Reid Bailey June 13th, 2007 01:51 PM

Scott's been in touch and I'll be contacting him.

I'll keep the info posted...

Jonathan Schwartz October 3rd, 2007 10:31 PM

Scott Cantrell

Just wanted to echo praise to Scott at Tapeworks for his down to earth attitude and willingness to get your order how you want it. I needed an A1 for a shoot on Friday and Scott found a camera to get to even though he was out of stock. Then when I ordered the Libec L38 tripod the case did not fit. Scott contacted Libec and they will be sending out new larger cases so the tripod and feet can fit in the bag. It was refreshing after dealing with larger companies to have the personal attention that Scott and Tapeworks brings to the table. Keep up the great work!

Jonathan Schwartz
Owner, CA Video Productions

Reid Bailey October 8th, 2007 07:55 AM

Forgot to repost here...

My order did get worked out. There was some miscommunication but they did make it right in the end.

Brent Kolitz October 8th, 2007 01:50 PM

Scott at Tapeworks is a class-act

I also want to jump on the bandwagon, praising Scott Cantrell at TapeWorks Texas.

I recently bought my JVC equipment with his help -- he truly is a pleasure to work with. Scott is simultaneously personable, professional, and goes above and beyond to help, both before & after the purchase.

I can't recommend him highly enough, and I'll continue to check with him first before making future purchases.