DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Great Deals from DV Info Net Sponsors (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/great-deals-dv-info-net-sponsors/)
-   -   Kudos to ZGC (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/great-deals-dv-info-net-sponsors/928-kudos-zgc.html)

Ken Tanaka February 12th, 2002 12:01 AM

Kudos to ZGC

After reading so many other folks' good comments regarding ZGC I decided to give them a try. This turned out to be one of the better decisions I've made recently. Not only did they offer very competitive prices (on the XL1s and accessories) but they were truly customer-focused. OK, so they don't offer their wares directly from their web site and don't have an 800 line. But a knowledgeable -human- answered the phone immediately to answers any questions and take my order. When I phoned the next day to add one item to my order they remembered me (!) and made an extra effort to insure that all items arrived at the same time...which they did.

Regardless of ZGC's support of this forum I highly recommend anyone looking for a Canon XL1s, a GL1 or any of they accessories to give ZGC a call first. I think you'll find, as I and many others have, that they conduct business the way we wish everyone else did.

John Threat March 10th, 2002 08:14 PM

I am from New York. If i buy from ZGC will i have to pay taxes?

Chris Hurd March 10th, 2002 08:43 PM

Howdy from Texas,

Contact ZGC. Sometimes you can avoid sales tax if you can prove you're a small business, are using the goods to produce resale items (videotapes, etc.) and fill out a blanket tax exemption form. That's how it works down here.

Barbara Lowry April 19th, 2002 02:33 PM

Ken, thanks for the kudos. We're happy you got the service you deserved! Come back again!

Justin Chin April 19th, 2002 02:49 PM

I'll second that recommendation. They have great support and if they can't answer your question, they'll find someone who could.

I love the bucket cap, too!

Will Boggs April 23rd, 2002 07:55 AM

I figured if you mentioned Chris Hurd they would tack on another 20%

Chris Hurd April 23rd, 2002 04:07 PM

At least that's better than having them hang up on you.

Matt Stahley August 14th, 2002 02:07 PM

though i have yet to order from ZGC (item not in stock as of yet!)i would still like to say that i received one of the fastest email replys ever from them which is very unlikely from other distributors if you even get a reply at all!
thanks christine!

Vic Owen November 14th, 2002 11:00 PM

Portabrace Case

I just had my first experience with ZGC. I called today and by the time I got home, I had a notice from UPS that the new case for my XL-1 had already been shipped.

Great response and a pleasurable transaction. The earlier posts were "right on".

I highly recommend them.

Zac Stein November 15th, 2002 12:48 AM

Now if only ZGC opened an Australian branch, i would be in heaven. It is almost impossible to find good deals here, let alone find what you are looking for.

Keep up the good work over there, i hope to be making some orders when i need smaller items, as i will get stung with import duty if i creep too high in amount.

kermie

Rick Spilman December 12th, 2002 08:26 AM

Great to hear such great things about ZGC. I looked at their web site and I am confused. Do they only carry Canon cameras? They seem to have two different phone numbers, one preceded by the letter T and the other by the letter F. Are they only open on Tuesdays and Fridays? Are they strictly mail order?

Rick

Paul Sedillo December 12th, 2002 08:41 AM

T=Telephone
F=Fax

Rick Spilman December 12th, 2002 08:52 AM

Telephone and Fax, huh? (OK, so maybe I'm too stupid to shop there.) ;)

OK, now that we have established that fact, do they only sell Canons?

Rick

Chris Hurd December 14th, 2002 01:13 AM

Rick

ZGC caters to the film and high-end video market, so mosty of their product offerings are targeted that way (Cooke lenses, other really high-end pro stuff), but for the DV branch of their sales, it's only Canon.

Brad Simmons April 30th, 2003 11:35 PM

Just purchased an XL1s, Manual Lens, MA-200 and a few other accessories from ZGC. I don't remember who I talked with, started with an M. He was a nice guy and helped me out with my purchase. Everything arrived on time and was packaged neatly...great condition - no problems.

I will be buying from ZGC again.