DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/)
-   -   Helping Hands from 2005 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/13799-helping-hands-2005-a.html)

Brent Marks January 1st, 2005 11:41 PM

FX-1 in Houston

Hey guys....

I'm a new member to the forum....

But I've been lurking for a while...

I just ordered the new Sony HDV cam... (FX-1)...

If anyone is interested in using/testing the camera....
Let me know

I am located in Houston, TX...

Contact me at resmedia at gmail dot com

Josh Bass January 2nd, 2005 09:10 AM

Hi! Welcome to my city, sometimes referred to as Basstown. . .okay, not really. But the welcome still applies.

Joshua Starnes January 2nd, 2005 11:43 AM

Welcome to Houston, pal.

Brent Marks January 2nd, 2005 05:00 PM

Josh and John.... What kind of work do you guys do here?

thanks!

Josh Bass January 2nd, 2005 07:51 PM

Not much!

Oh wait. . .I meant to say "videography and stuff." Look to the sig, good sir. Look to the sig.

Brent Marks January 2nd, 2005 08:30 PM

Wow.... nice to know someone is making a full-time living in Houston doing small productions!

Kick Butt!

Josh Bass January 2nd, 2005 08:54 PM

Whoa whoa. . .where'd you get that? I wish! Not by any means.

Joshua Starnes January 2nd, 2005 09:28 PM

And I'm in pretty much the same boat as the other Josh. Some weddings, occasional commercial or music video - and every once and a while a film. And when I can get the scratch together, one of my own projects.

But most of the time I sit on my hands and find other things to do to keep the mortgage paid.

Ronald Lee January 2nd, 2005 09:55 PM

HI Gary.

The best thing to do at your level and experience and intereset is to go to the library and get some books, on both film and video producing.

good luck.

Josh Bass January 2nd, 2005 10:03 PM

Yeah, bingo. Hopefully things'll pick up, but so far I've only had a handful of gigs. I've even (gasp) started to be a PA on big budget shoots.

Ronald Lee January 2nd, 2005 10:07 PM

LAS VEGAS: videography advice, referrals, help

Hi there!

I may be shooting a ENG/Documentary video in Las Vegas this weekend, so I'm wondering if there is anyone there now who can help with some odds and ends, from helping me buy Sony miniDV tape to renting wireless mics or etc...

OR - If you have an interesting in learning how to meet fabulous hot women, have some equipment, and are free from the 7th to the 9th... let me know asap. I have some video work you may be interested in.

Hope to hear from you.

Regards,

rOnald
audio90@shaw.caNOSPAM

Brent Marks January 2nd, 2005 11:56 PM

Josh... I enjoyed your demo reel, it was very good... We have talked before thru another email I believe...

John... Do you have a demo reel I can look at ?

thanks

Brent Marks January 3rd, 2005 12:11 AM

Sorry, I meant Josh and Josh :)

Josh Bass January 3rd, 2005 01:02 AM

Ok wait. . .whose reel did you enjoy and whose did you want to look at? I think the guy that's NOT me goes by "Joshua", where as I go by "Josh," "the Bass", "Basshole," or "Daddy."

Brent Marks January 3rd, 2005 04:05 AM

Bassman... I saw yours and it looks fantastic!

Great work!!

B