DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/)
-   -   Helping Hands from 2011 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/470624-helping-hands-2011-a.html)

Gabor Heeres March 17th, 2011 09:55 AM

Urgent: ENG-guy/Camjo needed Luton/Hertfordshire area

This is an urgent news-related call. One of my main clients is in need of a cameraguy for tomorrow morning in the Luton Area. He or she needs to be fully self supporting as we do not have time to fly in a reporter. We need 5-10 exterior B-roll shots in St.Albans and a short 3-question quote/interview with a lawyer in Stevenage (questions will be provided). This newsjob will take less than 30 minutes at each location. You will be finished before 1 PM. Footage needs to be delivered via FTP before 4 PM in SD Mpeg-2 format, 8,5 Mbps, 16:9 widescreen, upper field first.

Payment via IBAN within 14 days will be GBP 450 including all expenses, no surcharges, no VAT charged. Any HD/SD camera with PD-170/XL2 quality or better can do the job, external lavmic/reportermic required. Somebody in the area who can help us out? Contact me via info[at]sqvision[dot]nl

Gabor Heeres March 18th, 2011 12:45 AM

Re: Urgent: ENG-guy/Camjo needed Luton/Hertfordshire area

Unfortunately no responses, it's too late now. Thanks all anyway

Dano Motley March 18th, 2011 09:28 PM

Re: Need to rent studio in Teaneck NJ

tried to rent media mix for a green screen project last summer. His price included the cost of the expensive green screen paint for his white cyctarama. way out of his mind...

Bjørn Sørensen March 21st, 2011 09:17 AM

Searching for Video professional in Norway

For an upcoming production we are searching for a professional videographer in Norway. Location is Ålesund. We need someone with a good eye and all equipment necessary to make technically and creatively perfect video, 1080/25p.

John C. Plunkett March 24th, 2011 11:35 AM

Re: What's the best way to attract a Independent Film Crew?

Finding a crew that will work for free isn't unheard of. It can still happen to this day. In fact, I recently finished playing assistant editor and audio mixer for a short web vignette created to help raise money for a feature-length film. My co-worker and his friend operated cameras on the shoot and other friends of the director helped out with field audio, lighting and general wrangling, gaffing, what-not. None of us got paid, but we enjoyed helping out.

I realize a feature-length project is much different, but I've done a lot of post work for free for friends and associates and never mind helping out when I have the time. There are plenty of people out there who enjoy working on movie projects, you just have to keep looking. Anyone who tells you a crew must get paid has been a part of the professional side of things for too long. There are always people out there who will surprise you with their generosity. Don't give up the search.

James Houk March 25th, 2011 06:13 AM

By no means was I trying to suggest that ti's impossible to find a crew to work for free, even a good one. What does apply though is the old adage : "Quick, Cheap, Good - pick two."

In terms of a feature project, the scope of the project and the length of the commitment is what becomes the issue, and that's why doing a good job of treating your crew well is very important.

Chad Whelan March 25th, 2011 07:58 AM

Wedding Videographer - ST. Petersburg FLorida

I need someone with wedding experience to shoot a small destination wedding on the beach in St. Pete Beach Florida Thursday April 28th, 6 - 7:30 timeframe. Must be HD of some sorts. Contact me for more details please.

Chad
727-345-9898

Sean Cloutier March 27th, 2011 10:29 PM

"Don't give up the search." Thanks John!

I didn't give up the search and I now have a team of 6 (behind the camera). I have three more on standby that are willing to pitch in if any of the original 6 don't make it.

I'm very fortunate that it worked out this way. It takes more work, yes. But I'm glad I went this direction. I have a dedicated team.

... now all I have to do is get some of those snotty actors.

:-)

Andy Graham March 28th, 2011 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Cloutier (Post 1632467)
.. now all I have to do is get some of those snotty actors.

are there any other kind ;)

good work on gathering a team, it didn't take you very long.

Paul R Johnson March 28th, 2011 08:24 AM

The problem seems to be that you're trying to get crews from sources where a freebie generates temper tantrums. I mod a theatre forum where the same thing happens - we started a low/no pay area for these kind of projects, but it still generates tons of bad feeling. Here in the UK we have a national minimum page law, and it got so bad that people were reporting worthy projects because they were asking for skilled people, rather than keen amateurs, and as such, are indeed circumventing a law designed to protect people. Even if they wish to work for free, it's very difficult.

The problem is also that pros are very often totally uninterested in the product - so pay is a necessity, because they don't see any personal benefit in doing it for free. I still do the occasional freebie if the project really interests me - but that's the problem. The various internet lists are for crew who make a living out of the industry - totally independent of the product. Do they actually care if the programme gets viewers? No - nothing to do with them. Keen amateurs may even have better production values, but might take longer or not produce the result you want.

Very difficult choices.

Ervin Farkas March 28th, 2011 02:28 PM

Atlanta event videographer needed Saturday April 2nd

I need a videographer to shoot a few short monologues (a couple of minutes each) and then the event itself, about one hour.

Have at least a semi-pro 16x9 SD camera on solid tripod, one lav mike with long cable or wireless. Also take with you a digital photo camera. Shoot and give me the footage & stills.

Location is in the Dunwoody - Sandy Springs area, approximate time: 2-4 PM this Saturday, 2nd of April.

Please PM me here or look up my phone on my website FarkasVideo dot com.

Thank you,

Kelly Langerak March 29th, 2011 09:52 AM

I'm looking for more work paid or not in N. Cali Wedding / Corporate Etc.

Hi, I'm a DSLR Videographer here in the Bay Area. I mostly do weddings and some corporate work. I'm looking for good opportunities to work with you if you are very experienced in your field. I've only done a handful of projects with folks that have more experience then I do, so I have very little real training. I have a solid reel if you need to see it.

Looking to gain more experience in Weddings, Lighting and Audio as well as small to big corporate gigs.

Hit me up with your next project.

Stu Siegal March 29th, 2011 02:03 PM

Need a 2 person crew in Honolulu 5/15 & 5/16

I'm looking for a single cam, two person crew, wireless lav & mixer, Sony EX1 or similar, for two half days, 5/15 & 5/16, shooting a speaker addressing a live medical conference in Honolulu. I’ll be bringing a drive & laptop to take back footage on.

Pretty straightforward gig, if you can get me back a quote ASAP, much appreciated, need to get a quote to my client.

Oren Arieli March 30th, 2011 10:30 PM

Re: I'm looking for more work paid or not in N. Cali Wedding / Corporate Etc.

Have you considered joining the Bay Area Professional Videographer's Association? Bay Area Professional Videographers Association (BAPVA): Welcome. There are 70 active professionals who meet once a month for educational conferences, hands-on demonstrations, and networking. Getting yourself known within the group means that others can call upon you when the right opportunity arises.
I'm the President of the organization. Stop by and say hi at a future meeting.

Dror Levi March 31st, 2011 10:05 AM

Need a shooter North Miami area

Looking for someone that has some experience in the events industry.
If you use a DSLR it is even better.
I have a gig for this coming Sunday.