DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/)
-   -   Helping Hands from 2002 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/helping-hands/722-helping-hands-2002-a.html)

Wayde Gardner July 18th, 2002 03:38 PM

Tin Can Shinny shoots in Dallas - Spring 2003

Right Field Films will begin shooting Tin Can Shinny in Spring of 2003 in the Dallas, Ft. Worth area. We are lucky to have the cooperation of the Ft. Worth Cats minor league baseball team (front office) and are finalizing terms with veteran actor Barry Corbin (War Games, Northern Exposure, Lonesome Dove).

On the DVD version, we plan on doing a short documentary on the Ft. Worth Cats whose historical past include baseball legends like Branch Rickey, Duke Snider, Sparky Lyle, Dick Williams and local ex Dodger favorite, Bobby Bragen. Dating back to the late 1800s, the Cats have a rich tradition of winning numerous champoinships.

We will be shooting with Sony VX 2000s and editing with FCP3. We can utilize any expertise available (sound, lighting, DP) and although this is a non paying gig, everyone will be credited and get copies of the movie. The sodas and pizza will flow.

This might just be the next "Mariachi" as we plan to go straight to video/DVD. I'm happy to answer any questions before you commit to the project. Why am I doing this?

Because some guy in LA said I couldn't pull it off.

I appreciate any comments, suggestions or expertise.

Wayde Gardner
Frisco, Tx
nashtx@yahoo.com

Paul Sedillo July 18th, 2002 03:56 PM

Wayde,

Good luck with your upcoming production. When you get closer to the dates, please post a notice. I might be interested in coming up and working the production (if I have enough notice).

dysinfected September 6th, 2002 10:28 AM

Helping Hands from 2003

Looking for people to hook up with to make movies. More details if interested. Please email me at: dysinfectedfilms@hotmail.com

david jacobson September 10th, 2002 05:09 PM

Making movies in bay area

Let's talk! I'm located in Walnut Creek and have over 20 years experience in Video Production. Have my own Camera Package including XL1, mics, ligths...
email: nevergiveup@astound.net

Ozzie Alfonso September 27th, 2002 01:26 PM

Looking for MiniDV crew in LA

I've been away from these boards for a while but I'm back and looking to hire four people in the Los Angeles area.

What: It's a simple shoot - in several elementary schools, shooting teachers teaching and interacting with their classes, plus talking heads interviews.

Needed: 2 XL-1s camera operators; 1 sound person with an RF and a boom mike feeding both cameras; 1 Production Assistant/schlepper.

Plus: 1 hires monitor with A/B inputs; two tripods; cables. Lighting equipment, if needed, will be minimal and will be used for on-camera interviews- a one person MCU. Also needed - an audio cassette recorder with a feed from the mikes for transcription purposes.

When: not definite yet but it will be for two to three days in early December.

We can supply the hardware but it would be a lot easier to pickit up locally if it makes economic sense. Experience with the XL-1 and XL-1s is a must.

Let me kow via this board if anyone is interested. It there are any takers we can then take it off line for further discussion.

Thank you.

Rob Lohman September 30th, 2002 10:26 AM

If I were in your neighbourhood (which I ain't) I'd definitely
wanted to come along. Your posts and discussions always were
an interesting read at least and often were much more. Would
be a joy to work with you sometime.... So let me know if you ever
make it to Holland here.

Good luck with your production and finding some people!

Christian Calson October 1st, 2002 01:07 PM

we'd help

I'm part of a production group called nebunule films llc. you can check us out online at www.nebunule.com. we make our own dv films and shorts. i'd totally give you a hand. call us if you want. our office number is 323-848-4425. If we are unavailable our answering service picks up. Take care.

Christian Calson
nebunule films llc
www.nebunule.com

Christian Calson October 1st, 2002 01:20 PM

Looking for Production Help

Hi there-

I'm part of a production group called 'nebunule films llc' (www.nebunule.com). We finished a short www.moanermovie.com) and we are doing a few other smaller projects (two shorts and a longer project) through the end of the year. This board is swimming with talented, visionaries with a radical way of doing things. I'm writing because I'm looking for some help on a bigger project.

The main one I'm looking for help with is called 'shiner' (www.take-a-hit.com). It's a feature length non union dv project. I'm looking for talented folks for behind the camera and behind the desk type help. I was originally going to produce 'shiner' and have one a few folks I had my eye on directing it, but I'm going in the opposite direction, so I'm looking for a great or two great first time producer(s) who have a taste for dark and dangerous movie fare.

We work with small crews and big ideas to make movies that we don't see anyone else making right now. Please check us out online and give a call if you want to talk about help out behind the scenes. Thanks.

Christian Calson
nebunule films llc
www.nebunule.com

Bob Andren November 18th, 2002 01:16 AM

DP needed forXL1 indie

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this.

I'm looking for DP with exp lighting for the XL1. I'm directing my first DV feature using my XL1, but need a DP with more lighting knowledge than moi. It's a wedding comedy.

Shooting Jan for 3-4 weeks, in suburban NYC area. Probably a deferred pay gig.

Inquires/leads to Bob Andren 914 576 9429
BA2119@aol.com

thanks.

Justin Cerato December 17th, 2002 10:45 PM

Any Aussie XL1s owners looking to help in music video

I own an XL1s but need someone with another one for a multicamera set-up, to be used for a music video...

It would be shot in the Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia...

Doug Sapp December 30th, 2002 09:25 PM

I am located in Fortuna, CA. I am interested in
making movies.

Doug
graywolf.sapp@cox.net