DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   High Definition Video Editing Solutions (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/high-definition-video-editing-solutions/)
-   -   Good cheap/free program for previewing Mt2s? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/high-definition-video-editing-solutions/135576-good-cheap-free-program-previewing-mt2s.html)

Toby Creamer October 10th, 2008 12:38 PM

Good cheap/free program for previewing Mt2s?

I recently got an HV30 and was wondering if there was any software available that could thumbnail and allow for quick previews? At the moment in windows (Vista X64) the thumbnails are VLC icons and it just adds that extra bit of time when deciding which clips to use etc.

With my old HD2 I could use photoshop elements as this supported the files so I got a large and quick preview that I could use in conjunction with vegas. Unfortunately it doesn't support the MT2s.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Toby

Theodore McNeil October 10th, 2008 02:17 PM

I would like to see this also but unless windows media plays the format I don't think you can get a thumbnail. I hope I'm wrong.

Ray Bell October 10th, 2008 06:44 PM

how about Adobe Bridge....

Toby Creamer October 11th, 2008 04:32 AM

Adobe bridge sounds great but do you have any idea if it's possible to get it without forking out for the whole creative suite? I can't really afford that!
Toby

Erik Phairas October 11th, 2008 10:21 AM

I have Sony Vegas platinum pro 9 and you can import all the m2ts files, choose to see thumnails, you can select one click preview.. check each clip and rename it..

Playback of the preview in Vegas depends on how rebust your computer is, but it's good for renaming and sorting.

Aww crap.. wait I forgot Vegas only works with Sony AVCHD cameras... ummm.. what make is the HV30? Sorry to get yer hopes up..

Josh Chesarek October 11th, 2008 10:47 AM

Hands down I would have to say VLCMedia Player

It is free and fast, anyone can get it, and can play nearly everthing under the sun. It rocks. Also, the first time around you might need to tell it to use VLC for .m2ts but after that you are set.

Herman Van Deventer October 18th, 2008 03:34 AM

Toby,

This could be your answer - TMPGEnc - Products: TMPGEnc KARMA.. Product Information

Paul Kellett October 18th, 2008 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik Phairas (Post 949646)
Aww crap.. wait I forgot Vegas only works with Sony AVCHD cameras... ummm.. what make is the HV30? Sorry to get yer hopes up..

Wrong, my canon HG-10 works fine in vegas pro 8.

Paul.

Bill Koehler October 18th, 2008 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik Phairas (Post 949646)
Aww crap.. wait I forgot Vegas only works with Sony AVCHD cameras... ummm.. what make is the HV30?

The Canon HV30 is a HDV camcorder, not AVCHD in any case.

Joel Corral October 23rd, 2008 11:05 AM

i believe Haali Media splitter will allow for thumb nails... try that...