DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   High Definition Video Editing Solutions (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/high-definition-video-editing-solutions/)
-   -   How much is it to transfer HD to Digibeta? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/high-definition-video-editing-solutions/235080-how-much-transfer-hd-digibeta.html)

James Carver May 10th, 2009 03:58 PM

How much is it to transfer HD to Digibeta?

i'm about to go the festival route for the first time and wanted to know what's the best way to get my film transferred to Digibeta or Beta SP? how much does it cost?

shot the film 720/24 and edited in FCP 6.

James Brill May 11th, 2009 09:08 PM

If it is a short then it should be only like 250 or so plus tape stock for a quicktime to digibeta dub. There are some expensive dub quotes out there but realistically you can get them done for that much.

James Carver May 11th, 2009 09:23 PM

thanks. it'd be a feature for that's about 103 minutes long. any suggestions on specific places i can go to have this done?

James Brill May 13th, 2009 10:46 PM

I only know Los Angeles. Just look for a facility with hardware for their editing system, meaning if it's Final Cut make sure it is teamed with a Kona card or Blackmagic card. For Avid look for an Adrenaline or Symphony. If your cutting in FCP but the facility only has Avid don't worry just make sure you create a quicktime in a compatible format for the Avid to transcode your QT to MXF. Since you cut 720 I'm assuming it was DVC Pro HD, watch out since most systems without Final Cut on them are unable to open DVC Pro HD quicktimes.

All the hardware I listed will be able to downconvert your footage while playing back to tape.

New Page 1

Those guys sounded like maybe they have a Digibeta deck.

Tom Koveleskie May 16th, 2009 10:04 AM

I use SPF transfers in Chatsworth CA, I think the charge is around $200 including tape

James Carver May 17th, 2009 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Brill (Post 1142800)
I only know Los Angeles. Just look for a facility with hardware for their editing system, meaning if it's Final Cut make sure it is teamed with a Kona card or Blackmagic card. For Avid look for an Adrenaline or Symphony. If your cutting in FCP but the facility only has Avid don't worry just make sure you create a quicktime in a compatible format for the Avid to transcode your QT to MXF. Since you cut 720 I'm assuming it was DVC Pro HD, watch out since most systems without Final Cut on them are unable to open DVC Pro HD quicktimes.

All the hardware I listed will be able to downconvert your footage while playing back to tape.

New Page 1

Those guys sounded like maybe they have a Digibeta deck.

cool thanks i'll check them out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Koveleskie (Post 1143940)
I use SPF transfers in Chatsworth CA, I think the charge is around $200 including tape

for 103 mins? wow, i got a quote from a company in CA for about $350 on beta sp. what is SPF Transfers is that the name of the company? i'll have 2 check them out too.

James Brill May 19th, 2009 04:56 PM

If your willing to ship to California I'd be willing to transfer it to Digibeta for 400 plus tape stock. I work at a facility that does this stuff all day long.