DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   High Definition Video Editing Solutions (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/high-definition-video-editing-solutions/)
-   -   TV Output (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/high-definition-video-editing-solutions/468771-tv-output.html)

Mitchell Yazdani December 2nd, 2009 04:56 AM

TV Output

Hi,

I have been using Canopus and Premiere 1.5 for my video editing but since the high definition I had to buy a new computer and using Premiere CS4.

My problem is that now since my Canopus card is not compatibale with Premirer Pro 4 I do not have a TV output any more, before I use the get the TV output from my Canpous card to my TV so I could see my work live while edditng.

How can I do it now without buying another third party video editing card?
Waht is the cheapest and easiest solution please?

Many thanks in advance
Mitchell

Harm Millaard December 2nd, 2009 05:22 AM

Mitchell,

Use firewire out to your camera or deck and use analog out from the camera to the TV.

Mitchell Yazdani December 2nd, 2009 06:45 AM

Harm,

Thank you for your reply, this is okay to use once t otwice but not for me as I am editing full time, it will be very hard for me to have my camera connected constantly.

I am looking for a cheaper solutions.
Regards
Mitchell

Harm Millaard December 2nd, 2009 07:46 AM

It doesn't come any cheaper than this. You have the firewire cable, you have the camera and you have the TV. No investments.

Mitchell Yazdani December 4th, 2009 05:19 AM

Thank you for your idea, but it is not possible for me to have my camera connected to my computer 10 hours a day, so I need another alternative.

Perhaps soem sort of card.
Any idea please, what is every one else doing without a third party catputre card?
Thanks
Mitchell

Mitchell Yazdani December 9th, 2009 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harm Millaard (Post 1455004)
Mitchell,

Use firewire out to your camera or deck and use analog out from the camera to the TV.

Hi,

Thank you for your answer, I did try that, I connected the camera t othe computer and from analog to my TV, but I get blck screen on the TV! How do I set up the Premiere CS4 to output to my camera?

Thanks

Mitchell

Dimitris Mantalias December 9th, 2009 08:37 AM

I am not sure if I understood correctly, but if you want to work your preview window in an external TV set, then Premiere supports that natively and without extra hardware. What is needed is a connetion through graphic card's secondary DVI or VGA or HDMI output to the TV, let the system drivers know that you have two monitors in extended desktop mode, and then go to Premiere. Create a new project, go to custom settings/Playback settings and select your secondary monitor (that means the TV). From now on (in this project only) you will have preview in your TV. Note that you can't alter those project settings once you have created it (don't ask me why :) ). You have to do it when creating the project, or you can insert an existing project into a new project with the correct settings. That is what I do, no extra equipment needed, and it works fine with both ATI and Nvidia cards. I haven't tried yet with a CRT TV through s-video, but I've heard that it works all the same.