DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   High Definition Video Editing Solutions (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/high-definition-video-editing-solutions/)
-   -   Looking to setup a PC for Adobe Premiere Pro Work! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/high-definition-video-editing-solutions/513301-looking-setup-pc-adobe-premiere-pro-work.html)

Soumendra Jena January 8th, 2013 11:48 AM

Looking to setup a PC for Adobe Premiere Pro Work!

Hi.. Im getting a Sony HXRNX5U this week and we have 4 shoots lined up for next week. I need to setup a high configuration PC by the end of this week, to make the apps like Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere Pro runs like a breeze , without any issues and in no time.

So, let me know , what all important items to get.

So far I guess,

27 inch Display
AMD Octa Core
RAM 16GB
3.3 GHz processor
480GB SSD for apps and internal data
2TB HDD for external data & backups

Jeff Pulera January 8th, 2013 01:26 PM

Re: Looking to setup a PC for Adobe Premiere Pro Work!

Hi,

You may wish to go with an Intel Core i7-based system rather than AMD for best performance, and then also use an Nvidia display card that will provide GPU-accelerated editing in CS6, such as the GTX 580 or many others to choose from (some require a software "hack" to be utilized with CS6).

Not clear about your intended hard drive setup, but never put video clips on the C: drive, always use a dedicated fast drive for all video storage.

Thanks

Jeff

Giroud Francois January 8th, 2013 02:30 PM

first you need a good motherboard, since everthing else will be plugged on it.

Asus Maximus formula V if you need wifi , or ASUS SaberTooth.
Then a CPU, a 2700k or a 3770K, the 2700K will overclock better if it is one of your target.
For memory, there is no problem, prices are very low, so you can go for 24 or 32 gig easily.
again if you will overclok take the fastest one.

Then a 128gig SSD for OS, another one (128 is ok) for temp file. Avoid OCZ, they have low price but low quality too. Intel are OK.
plug them in the SATA 6G port, so take sata 6G SSD.
For data/video use any big sized disk (WD 2 Tera), take two and install them as RAID mirrored (raid 1)
so your project will be safe even if one drive fails. Connect them also on SATA 6G connectors.

you will need to optimize the win7 to make it write a minimum on the main SSD, pushing all temp write to the 2nd SSD and all user data to the mirrored disk.

Then choose a mid priced nvidia graphic card (the GTX660ti is a good choice) with 2 gig of ram (or even 4 if you can find one)

Finally add a blu-ray burner, a front panel with some USB socket and memory card reader.
you will get the fastest pc possible

Soumendra Jena January 8th, 2013 06:50 PM

Ok will go for intel i7 extreme 64bit system with gtx graphics card .