experimenting with editing at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old August 1st, 2023, 02:07 PM   #1
Regular Crew

experimenting with editing

I have 3 editing suites to play with

Adobe premier elements
Wondershare Flimora12
Movavi video editor plus 2022

It all depends on which file format I use as to which editing suit. each has its plus and minus fetures so Ioften have to use more than one

Rrecently been playing using 6 screens at once , here the main issue I still have to work on video lengths as shown below. Also work on video picture quality so they match up in contrast brightnes etc. just the first effort

Taken in Norway fjords last year
Barry Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2023, 02:41 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: experimenting with editing

I use DaVinci Resolve now and it is also certainly worth a look.

Had FCP 7 but like many others didn't go to FCP X when it came out.
Old August 3rd, 2023, 04:37 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I'm also on DaVinci Resolve 18, went to it about version 12 and haven't looked back.
Old August 6th, 2023, 05:22 AM   #4
Trustee

George, same here. Had been using Resolve for grading a few versions earlier but went to it for editing, clunky as it was at v11, but have stuck with it to the present. Would feel quite naked now if I didn't have Resolve in my toolkit. It has matured in v18 into a very powerful NLE. It really is my mainstream editing/grading package these days. And color matching shots is one of its strengths.

Chris Young.
Christopher Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2023, 06:34 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Yeah Chris is was a bit clunky from what I was used to and a bit of a learning curve, at least for me, but once I decided to stick with it, it started making sense and just got better and better. I really committed to it in version 15 when I went with the Studio version. Hope Barry will at least look at the public version.
Old August 6th, 2023, 03:33 PM   #6
Regular Crew

George Dean
yes I have heard of that program and evereyone says it is very good. The thing is I already have paid for editing suites which do everything I need to do and more. I listed them in the first post. What one doesn't do I can move the project onto one of the others. Adobe premier elements is ok for what it is but the other two are way better with many options between them.
Just been playing with zoom in/out/up/down and dealing with very slow motion on one of them

So thank you for the suggestion but for me at the moment that one is not necessary

this is not very clear but shows what am playing with ie slow zoom in and slow zoom out using Movavi video editor plus 2022. a really great editing suite

Old August 6th, 2023, 04:02 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Barry looks like you are having fun, keep experimenting and good editing to you.
Old August 6th, 2023, 04:24 PM   #8
Regular Crew

yes I am thank you.
So far on my youtube channel my most successful is this one with around 193.500 views. The pleasure I get from posting them is seeing other enjoying them as well

Even though i have done 50 or 60 of them with 350 subscribers on b oard.

taken about 11/12 years ago with my old Panasonic hc-x900m camcorder

I have been to the USA a couple of times but not your neck of the woods
Old August 6th, 2023, 04:52 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Good that you enjoy sharing with others. If you ever do get close to my neighborhood, please send a PM if you would like to get together for a meal and chat.
Old August 6th, 2023, 06:09 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Next time I fly from the UK to the USA will do, next year Portugal holiday is already booked. Would have gone abroad this year but the house needed a new composit front door and associated window and our lounge which is rather big needed a new carpet as well as the conservatory.Holiday money spent

My wife and I have been to so many countries around the world now, one place I would dearly like to visit is Australia as I have relatives out there. Done USA- Russia- China- Japan- Brazil- Egypt-Argentina- Spain- Germany- Tunisia- Sicily - Italy- Latvia- Greece -Norway- Denmark-Fareo isles- Iceland - most of the caribbean islands- most countries in europe as well No interest going to India and that part of the world. Some been to more than once

if you ever go to Brazil the Iguazu Falls is a must visit ,right on the argentina border. My daughter in law is Bazilian

Last edited by Barry Lloyd; August 6th, 2023 at 06:40 PM.
Old August 7th, 2023, 08:31 AM   #11
Trustee

Da Vinci Resolve is free and excellent too, I just got the version 18.5 upgrade.
Old August 7th, 2023, 09:01 AM   #12
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Nattrass View Post
Da Vinci Resolve is free and excellent too, I just got the version 18.5 upgrade.
I'm on 18.1.4. Messed with the 18.5 beta and then downloaded the certified release twice each time failing near the end. I'm on a wireless network and need a few more days for the new allotment to try again. By that time the server also will not be hammered as much. It just keeps getting better and better and way beyond my needs, but it is so easy to use while at the same time some real powerful stuff.
Old August 8th, 2023, 01:47 AM   #13
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Nattrass View Post
What's even better is that you get a lifetime license with the Studio version, I paid only 325euro for the studio version more then 4 years ago and every major update since then has been free of charge. As far as I know the free version doesn't have GPU acceleration which makes a huge difference when dealing with demanding codecs, that alone makes investing in paid version a no brainer.
Noa Put is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions