DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Home, Away From Home (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/home-away-home/)
-   -   Edit bay furniture? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/home-away-home/235758-edit-bay-furniture.html)

David Morgan May 20th, 2009 07:31 PM

Edit bay furniture?

Anyone know the names of companies besides Middle Atlantic who make or sell edit bay furniture? specifically the table and monitor table setups you see in most pro edit suites.

In addition, a source for used would be fantastic!
Los Angeles area

thx

Andy Tejral May 21st, 2009 10:34 AM

Look here for info Furniture & Storage Workstations & Desks at Markertek.com They tend to be a little pricey though.

Shaun Roemich May 21st, 2009 11:22 AM

David: slightly off topic but is there a reason you're looking for something besides Middle Atlantic? I'm expecting to move shortly and my current (Staples - Office Depot) fibreboard furniture isn't coming with me and I've been looking VERY curiously at Middle Atlantic, specifically the MDV-DSK system.

Battle Vaughan May 21st, 2009 11:26 AM

This article might interest you: Computer Editing Furniture: What's Supporting Your System? / bvaughan/miamiherald.com video team

Also, some sources I gathered when we were talking studio here: http://www.sweetwater.com/shop/studio/studio-furniture/, www.omnirax.com, www.argosyconsole.com, www.anthro.com. Some of these are high end studio stuff, too rich for our blood in these days of newspaper cutbacks...sweetwater has what looks like kit furniture.../ bv

David Morgan May 21st, 2009 01:38 PM

Shaun,
I have the MDV line. It's too small for my purposes. The actual working surface in front of you is not very deep or wide and......a little flimsy. The units ship broken down (IKEA style) You have to assemble the legs to the table. The hardware and assemby pieces strip out easily and the legs wobble. IMHO it's not a rugged design.

Thx to all for the replys so far

Shaun Roemich May 21st, 2009 01:44 PM

Appreciate the input. Perhaps I'll start looking at whatever responses turn up to your question. The Middle Atlantic stuff had come fairly highly recommended to me so I'm glad to get actual end user input.

Matthew Gore May 21st, 2009 02:10 PM

Forecast consoles

Check out forecast consoles.
I have 3 they are great.

Matthew Gore

David Morgan May 21st, 2009 06:54 PM

will do.
got some info from pro rentals. Here's what I want:
Fusion consoles. Google that

David Morgan May 21st, 2009 07:01 PM

yeah forecast products GC-1A look good too.
thx

Chris Hurd May 22nd, 2009 06:46 AM

Moved from Open DV to Home, Away From Home.

Jon Furtado June 24th, 2009 02:09 PM

There is a company that makes a hydrolic editing table that goes up to standing height and sitting with the push of a button! I think they're under $2K too! An editors dream. All of your equipment can be rack mounted with special modules that they sell too. Can't remember their name though.

Mitchell Skurnik September 18th, 2009 12:35 PM

I have been looking at Forecast Consoles - Quality Technical Furniture - Consoles for Broadcast, Production, Security, Dispatch for my next desk. I currently have an Omnirax desk that has lasted for the last 4 years but the build quality is junk and it is not designed to be moved. If you move it you break parts of the particle board and are forced to buy some "L" brackets and wood glue from the local hardware store. Also the ergonomics on this desk blow. If you put the monitors up where they want you to, you end up straining your neck. There is no way I could have kept them up there for a 40+ hour work week. So I moved them down to the main desk and now I have no usable desk space.

I suggest getting a tape measure and some blue painters tape and masking out the dimension on your carpet. This will help you get an idea of the size of the desk and where you can lay things on it.