Merging editing and audio space at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Home, Away From Home
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Home, Away From Home
Studio Space (Home) and Traveling Tips (Away From Home).

Old February 15th, 2020, 03:07 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Merging editing and audio space

I had a leak last year and finally had the time to sort things out. My work at home areas consist of an audio studio built into a converted garage - quite narrow, but very long - so I had two rooms, one 2.5 x 4.5m, and the other 2.5 x 4m, and the third space 2.6 x 2.6m. This square one was used for my edit suit, one of the audio spaces as my main room, with glass window and door to the other slightly smaller room.

The leak had messed up the plasterboard sheets at ground level - the water running across the inner roof the room within a room, then running down the cavity on the inside sheets. In the meantime, the edit computer had been transferred into the audio studio because we started doing more music for video and having them next to each other speeded things up. The edit suit became a storage room, full of flightcases and junk. The end audio studio was also full of storage type stuff. So I have been radical and knocked the two audio rooms into one, and I've put in a green screen at one end so I can do more video stuff. Main issue was simply I could not strip out the room completely, so had loads of leapfrogging of kit to do as I'd need one end empty, so it all got shifted, then moved back again etc etc. I've got a new project starting in the next few days - a winner of one of those Voice programmes who I edited stuff for when she won is coming back to have new material put into a genre showreel - showreels for specific purposes, in this case luxury cruise work.

I've had the grandkids in too - the oldest is into music, so he's in there and the baby crept in too. Here's a few pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Merging editing and audio space-full-josh.jpg   Merging editing and audio space-desk.jpg  

Merging editing and audio space-green-screen.jpg   Merging editing and audio space-red-end2.jpg  

Merging editing and audio space-overhead.jpg   Merging editing and audio space-old-wall-gone.jpg  

Merging editing and audio space-old-studio2.jpg   Merging editing and audio space-new-red-end.jpg  

Paul R Johnson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Home, Away From Home