DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Jibs / Cranes / Booms (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jibs-cranes-booms/)
-   -   Skycrane (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jibs-cranes-booms/7348-skycrane.html)

Robert Jones March 2nd, 2003 06:59 PM

Skycrane

Hey howdy everyone,

Bob Jones here.

If anyone has any questions in regards to the Skycrane, I'd be happy to answer them...

Bob

Chris Hurd March 16th, 2003 08:34 PM

Folks, here's your chance to talk *directly* to the man who makes it. You got a crane question? Bob can answer it!

Robert Jones March 16th, 2003 09:49 PM

Skycrane

Howdy Chris,

I'd also like to say howdy to the rest of the folks out there.

I'll be standing by here for a while to answer any questions in regards to any of the Skycrane models.

Ivan Hedley Enger March 17th, 2003 04:08 AM

Hi Bob,

When can we expect your new crane, with the panhead, to be avilable?

Ivan

Robert Jones March 17th, 2003 10:36 AM

Hello Ivan,

Well Ivan, I believe the new Panhead will be available by the end of April middle of May providing we don't encounter additional design problems.

Chris Hurd March 17th, 2003 12:07 PM

Keep an eye on www.skycrane.com and of course www.dvinfo.net for more info on Bob's latest creations and forthcoming crane systems.

Zac Stein March 17th, 2003 08:44 PM

I have a question concerning shipping.

I am not sure if it applicable here, but hell i'll ask.

Is it possible to ship to Australia?

Or do you have a distro in Australia?

I am scared about the amazing costs that may involve actually getting it to my doorstep.

Zac

Robert Jones March 17th, 2003 10:42 PM

Hello Zac,

Zac, questions regarding purchasing or shipping the Skycrane, you can reach me a www.skycrane.com
I'd really be delighted to answer any questions you may have.

There are rules that the Kennel-master has in place in terms of advertising and I'd like to leave the fourm open to answering questions about the Skycrane only...

Thanks Zac

Bob Jones

Chris Hurd March 17th, 2003 11:57 PM

Actually Bob, you're a DV Info Net site sponsor, so you have carte-blanche when it comes to advertising here... matter of fact, I encourage you to do so! Heck, you even have your own forum... "Great Deals From DVi Sponsors" -- so have at it! See you next time I'm in town... tell Barb I have a Canon EOS-10D brochure for her to check out!

Ivan Hedley Enger March 18th, 2003 02:22 AM

Thanks for your reply, Bob.

I am really looking forward to see your Panhead. I am very interested in buying a SkyCrane, but I am also a bit concerned about the shipping cost. So, like Kermie, I am wondering what it might cost to get it shipped to my home (Norway).

I know I can find dealers in Europe selling other cranes, but I would like to get myself a SkyCrane, because of what I have read about it in this community.

Ivan

Robert Jones March 18th, 2003 11:19 AM

Hey Howdy again,

Thanks Chris for the carte-blanche and I'll tell Barb about the EOS-10D brochure.

To answer Zac's question about shipping to Australia. I'm sorry to say we do not have a distributor down under. I believe the cost of import duties and shipping really put the skids on distributorships.

Zac, yes, we have shipped on several occasions to folks down-under, however, I can't tell you what the import duties may be.

I'd like to address Ivan's question on importimg to Norway...
Ivan, if you'll send me your shipping address (postal code)to www.skycrane.com and can give you an accurate cost on shipping and the same for Zac, if either of you would like shipping costs.

The Best to all of the folks on DVINFO.net
Bob Jones

Joe Romano December 8th, 2003 06:58 PM

pan head?

Hi, just wondering about the pan head, Don't see it on your website any place. Is it near completion? Can you give an idea of what it is going to cost? (ballpark) That and any other info would be great.

Robert Jones December 9th, 2003 10:32 AM

Hello Joe,

The SKY-PANhead is available now.

Your right Joe you won't find it on the Skycrane website at least for a while. Hopefully,we'll be updating the site sometime around the first of the year.
The SKY-PAN was originally going to be priced at $599.00 however we've found a couple of ways to reduce that price to $549.00 without compromising the quaility of the product.
If your interested in seeing some pictures of the SKY-PAN, please feel free to drop me an E-mail at bob@skycrane.com, I'd be happy to send you several.

Joe, thanks for your interest in the SKY-PANhead.

Happy Holidays...

Bob Jones

Matthew de Jongh December 9th, 2003 01:41 PM

what lcd monitor do you recommend? do you sell any monitor directly?

do you recommend/sell any remote focus devices?

matthew

Robert Jones December 9th, 2003 06:59 PM

Hello Matthew,

Sorry, I don't carry any monitors.

I'd like to recommend that you take a look at Varizoom's LCD monitors and Lanc controllers, www.varizoom.com
Thier (in my opinion) gear is some of the best available.
Hope this helps..

HAPPY HOLIDAY'S

Bob Jones