DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Jibs / Cranes / Booms (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jibs-cranes-booms/)
-   -   Any one using EzFx & Varizoom remote pan tilt ? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jibs-cranes-booms/79366-any-one-using-ezfx-varizoom-remote-pan-tilt.html)

Bankim Jain November 11th, 2006 01:20 AM

Any one using EzFx & Varizoom remote pan tilt ?

I hope to exchange our experiences with any fellow users of the Jib & Pan tilt combo.It shall help me to understand & use the product effeciently.

Thx :)

Bankim Jain November 11th, 2006 07:01 AM

looking out for u fellas......

Allen Williams January 9th, 2007 01:48 AM

EZFX jib

I use the EZFX 10 ft jib with the Varizoom pan & tilt head and a JVC DV500 camera with a Canon 18x lens. I just completed my first year with it and used it five times.
I'm hoping for an even better year for 07.
Allen W

Bankim Jain January 17th, 2007 01:08 AM

Thx V much. I too own this wonderfull setup. I am planning to build a 40feet arm with an option to mount my remote pan tilt head as this 10foot arm seems not to be enough for most of my outdoor coverage. I am on look out for ideas on how to build the same ... i would keep the use of this 10feet arm for indoor use.

I have used this combo with a payload of about 10kilos (DSR400+J11+AB Hytron 120) it works fine for me !

Allen Williams January 17th, 2007 10:55 AM

What type of work do you expect to do or have you done with your jib?
Allen W

Bankim Jain January 18th, 2007 03:44 AM

I do live shows,. events, weddings etc for earning ... Use Jib more than frequent times now. I had initially attempted to make a Jib arm to accomodate a PAN Tilt head but could make the tool to mount the arm on for its soft smooth movement so i bought this expensive Tool.

How about u mate, howd u utilise the Jib.

:)

Bankim Jain January 18th, 2007 03:44 AM

I do live shows,. events, weddings etc for earning ... Use Jib more than frequent times now. I had initially attempted to make a Jib arm to accomodate a PAN Tilt head but could make the tool to mount the arm on for its soft smooth movement so i bought this expensive Tool.

How about u mate, howd u utilise the Jib.

:)

Allen Williams January 20th, 2007 07:30 PM

Most often the jib has been used for live shows. I used it for a wedding but the wedding was rained out and I got very little usable footage as a result. I expected more commercial work but the money seems to be in live shows.
So far its been school plays and church concerts and one commercial shoot.
Allen W

Bankim Jain January 28th, 2007 08:21 AM

Have you ever been thinking on sopme way to increase the JIB arm length from the max 10 feet to any extendadble lenght for a payload of Remote HEad & about 10kilos of camera...

Allen Williams January 28th, 2007 01:43 PM

I have seen photos of the EZFX jib extended well beyond its 10 ft length. I spoke to the folks at EZFX and they don't recommend it.

In my way of thinking, safety is paramount and nothing comes before it. If the jib arm or any components fail and they were not recommended by the manufacturer, who is legally responsible for any injury or death as a result of that failure?

Although I would love to have a jib that would extend up to 40 ft, I have to take into account how often it is used versus how much I am geting paid for the use of it. When I think I can get enough work for use of a longer jib, I'll invest in a Jimmy Jib.
Right now my jib has almost paid for itself, but in the future, who knows.
Allen W

Bankim Jain January 29th, 2007 06:30 AM

Yeah you are very true about it. Would you be able to post the pix you have seen of the 10feet+ extension of Jib Arm. Also is there any Jib arm which will accomodate our Vari PanTilit head sop that we need to invest only in the Jib arms & its base pedestal where by using existing P & T head.

Allen Williams January 29th, 2007 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bankim Jain
Yeah you are very true about it. Would you be able to post the pix you have seen of the 10feet+ extension of Jib Arm. Also is there any Jib arm which will accomodate our Vari PanTilit head sop that we need to invest only in the Jib arms & its base pedestal where by using existing P & T head.

Meditech is the name of the company that has photos of their extended EZFX jib.
http://www.medi-tech.it/prodotti/ezfx/ezfx.gallery.htm

You have me confused. Are you referring to the Varizoom motorized pan & tilt head (Varizoom MC 100) . If so it can be mounted on top or underslung without any additional parts or tripod head.
Allen W

Bankim Jain January 30th, 2007 06:55 AM

Pl dont get confused I indeed was mentioning about MC100 but wqas wondering if there could be other Jib arms in lenght of about 40feets where I can mount the Head instead of the Ez jib arm.

Hope i clear your doubts on my question. Thx for the link I am opening the same/...

Bankim Jain February 28th, 2007 01:09 PM

looking out ......

Allen Williams April 10th, 2007 06:02 PM

I did a review of the EZFX jib & Varizoom pan & tilt head. See the information elseware in this column.
Allen W