JVC deal on the new LS 300/ LA Debut Event - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders
GY-LS300, GY-HM250, HM200, HM180 and HM170 recording 4K Ultra-High Definition video.

Old March 9th, 2015, 12:01 PM   #16
Major Player

Re: JVC deal on the new LS 300/ LA Debut Event

^^^ hopefully the export settings for that video weren't ideal. That is some pretty soft 4K video…and it definitely can't be chalked up to youtube compression. Honestly I still have yet to see LS300 footage that I particularly adore. All the videos so far seem to have sharpness/detail way up and have unnecessary aliasing…or have weird things happening in the highlights and whatnot. However based on the following video I presume just about everything can be adjusted and I still have a ton of hope invested in this camera:

If all the the videos out there right now were shot with poor in-camera settings and it really is possible to make an outstanding image with this camera, I think it would be beneficial for JVC to send the camera to someone to take a few shots with decent in-camera settings and decent lighting to generate more interest in the upcoming events.

I'd be happy to be that person by the way.
Michael Kraus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2015, 12:26 PM   #17
Major Player

Someone said he wish he could see a manual:
JVC Pro Operation Manuals
Ken Hull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2015, 11:25 AM   #18
Major Player

We shot our first batch of footage this past weekend.....I like the what we got...and to try and mimic a Log setting, we used the "cinema subdued" Gamma setting that has less color...the idea being if we were going to color in post, this would be as close to "0" that we could get. On the next batch, we are planning to shoot with the standard "cinema" setting, allowing a more rec709 look. In the shot footage, we did some at the beach as the sun was going down, off to the side and behind the subjects and the camera handled it well...we had faces and didn't have to "blow out" the background (sand & ocean) to get it......
BTW, for those who know me, I can be pretty critical on a given camera's short comings.... and people who'll focus on a camera's one particular feature (good) while ignoring the rest of the camera's "not great" features. This camera is an incredible value...for what it has and does...and the price it is being offered at......

Jim Martin

PS - If you are in the LA area, please do stop by next Wednesday and come to the event! Just sign up below:
JVC GY-LS300 4KCAM S35mm Camcorder Debut Event
Jim Martin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders