JVC LS-300 wobbly screen - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders

JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders
GY-LS300, GY-HM250, HM200, HM180 and HM170 recording 4K Ultra-High Definition video.

Old May 5th, 2017, 04:34 PM   #16
New Boot

Re: JVC LS-300 wobbly screen

Great video, Duncan!

After my screen fix without Loctite, the screen went wobbly again in only about a month. I went back inside and fixed it properly with some Threadlocker Red on the two LCD panel screws. I took still photos along the way, they will compliment your steps nicely.
Attached Thumbnails
JVC LS-300 wobbly screen-step-01-top-handle-screws.jpg   JVC LS-300 wobbly screen-step-02-network-port-screw.jpg  

JVC LS-300 wobbly screen-step-03-battery-back-screw.jpg   JVC LS-300 wobbly screen-step-04-bottom-screws.jpg  

JVC LS-300 wobbly screen-step-05-top-side-panel-access-screw.jpg   JVC LS-300 wobbly screen-step-06-side-panel-ribbon.jpg  

JVC LS-300 wobbly screen-step-07-full-side-panel.jpg   JVC LS-300 wobbly screen-step-07a-lcd-panel-screws.jpg  

Steve Ritchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2017, 09:21 PM   #17
Trustee

To Duncan and Steve:

As an additional thought to go with the screw thread-locker on the two LCD screws, IF there is enough screw thread available perhaps an “external tooth” or “star” lock washer could be added.

I couldn’t tell if there is a lock washer under the screw, but even if there was, I think a star lock washer would give better tooth to prevent screw turning than the traditional lock washer. If doing this again, it would be worth asking someone knowledgeable about washers if this would be reasonable.

In the past when working on electronics I remember seeing some red stuff, sort of like fingernail polish, dobbed on the side of a screw where it would touch the board (or whatever). Don’t know if this was to help prevent the screw becoming loose or as a method to detect is someone tinkered with it.

Anyway, you guys did really good! Be sure to let us know how the fix-its held up.
John Nantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2019, 12:39 PM   #18
New Boot

Hi,

Since last week I'm having wobbly screen. I've followed the pics, unscrewd the 2 screws and added some loctite before screwing them back, but the door is still wobbly. Any hints?

Duncan, any chance of watching your video (youtube link doesn't work) to see if I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance?
Eduardo Rubio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2020, 03:43 AM   #19
New Boot

Hmm -
When you tightened the screws, did you have the screen folded closed or was it open?
Steve Ritchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2020, 12:28 PM   #20
New Boot

Steve! I'm so sorry, I've just seen your reply now. I check this forum every once in while...

I guess the screen was closed when I tightened the screws, but I can't remeber clearly. I can give it another try. How should the screen be in your opinion?

Thanks for your help,
Eduardo Rubio is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders