JVS LS300 Screen Issue at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders

JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders
GY-LS300, GY-HM250, HM200, HM180 and HM170 recording 4K Ultra-High Definition video.

Old July 19th, 2021, 08:11 AM   #1
Regular Crew

JVC LS300 Screen Issue

The screen on my camera has stopped staying in place when fully open. The detent that holds it there no longer works. This does not appear to be the wobbly screen discussed issue in the other thread. Any one else experience this and is there a fix?

Thanks,
Luke

Last edited by Luke Miller; July 19th, 2021 at 10:55 AM.
Luke Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2021, 11:52 AM   #2
New Boot

Re: JVS LS300 Screen Issue

Hi Luke,

I received your message and sent you an email about the screen - just following up and making sure you received the message, I have not heard back. Have you had any luck diagnosing the screen? My suspicion is that one of the screws may have wobbled completely free from the screen hinge bracket. Do you hear any loose screws in the camera?
Steve Ritchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2021, 07:13 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: JVS LS300 Screen Issue

Thanks for the follow up Steve.

I did not receive your email. No sign of anything loose. The flip out LCD works normally except it will not go to the full open position and and only stays in place due to friction. So it seems the return spring that holds the LCD closed is no longer working and possibly restricting movement to the full open position.

After looking at the photos in the wobbly screen thread I think I can see what the issue is. The spring shown in several images appears to provide the return pressure and detent for the LCD. My guess is the spring has become detached from the LCD but remains connected to the Body.

Last edited by Luke Miller; August 9th, 2021 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Additional Info
Luke Miller is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders