500 SP with iPad P2P connection for scoreboard at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > JVC CONNECTED CAM Series 4K Camera Systems

JVC CONNECTED CAM Series 4K Camera Systems
JVC GY-HC900, HC550, HC500 series 4K camcorders plus associated peripherals.

Old September 20th, 2021, 10:45 PM   #1
New Boot

500 SP with iPad P2P connection for scoreboard

As you can see from an earlier post of mine, I have a 250SP that I use with an iPad using P2P to transfer scoreboard data from the iPad to the camera (it took a while to figure it out, but it works fine now).

I now have a 500SP, and absolutely can not get it to connect with the iPad. The manual doesn't have an entry for using it with an iPad, but when trying to follow the setup as done with the 250, the iPad asks for a password--but no password works--it will not pair up with the camera.

The manual for the 250 gives the user name and password to use. The 500 manual does not. When going through the settings on the camera, it does give a 'passphrase', but that does not work. In the 'Status' displays, it also has a user name and password, but those don't work, either.

So, does anyone know if this is even doable on the 500?
Jerel Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2021, 10:26 AM   #2
New Boot

Re: 500 SP with iPad P2P connection for scoreboard

Finally got it to work.
Jerel Peterson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > JVC CONNECTED CAM Series 4K Camera Systems