DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GR-HD1U / JY-HD10U (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gr-hd1u-jy-hd10u/)
-   -   Locking the exposure and shutter speed on HD10 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gr-hd1u-jy-hd10u/27863-locking-exposure-shutter-speed-hd10.html)

Nuno Madeira Rodrigues June 21st, 2004 10:05 AM

Locking the exposure and shutter speed on HD10

Hello, first of all, this is my first post on this comunity. I have been reading posts for a while now and I find this site beyond useful. It's great!

I own an HD10 and I'm about to shoot a feature next month with it. I've been "discovering" everything that I can about the HD10 and I've read a lot of posts about the shutter and exposure adjustments. This may sound "rookie" of me but how do you lock the shutter speed and/or exposure value on this camera. I know I can lock the iris value but I haven't been able to lock anything else but that. As I sayed I've read many posts telling peolpe to lock it but I haven't learned how.
Please forgive my ignorance and again thanks for all the help.

Nuno Madeira Rodrigues

PS: I have several footage shot with my HD10, would love to share but I don't have any place I can upload it to. If anyone had any suggestions please let me know.

Bill Piedra June 21st, 2004 01:42 PM

You can do either but not both at once. I have been getting pretty good results with the shutter set at 1/60 or 1/30 then stopping down the camera with ND Filters.

I also have had pretty good results with a cokin 'A' filter set w/sunshades, in combination with screw on filters.

Bill Piedra June 21st, 2004 01:47 PM

oops - I think I misunderstood your question. To set the shutter speed, set the camera to manual (M) first.

On the back of the camera, hit the little SA button, which will let you switch between shutter speed and aperture priority. Then, on the back, the little menu wheel will let you dial in the shutter speed or aperture setting.

Good luck!

Heath McKnight June 21st, 2004 05:32 PM

We can host it. Email me with details. My email is below this post.

hwm

David Kennett June 24th, 2004 01:03 PM

Just a little more clarification.

You can lock EITHER shutter OR iris with S/A control at the back of the camera.

OR

You can lock BOTH iris AND shutter with the exposure control (forward by the focus button). Just trim the exposure up or down as you wish by pressing up or down on the control. Then press IN on the control and hold it for a second or so - the VF will indicate it is locked.

You don't know what the shutter speed OR iris is - but they're locked!

Graham Jones September 4th, 2004 03:38 PM

that's it... and it's truly bizarre

Heath McKnight September 7th, 2004 10:14 AM

While shooting the day before stuff of the hurricane, I locked the exposure, then set the shutter to 1/60 and left that up. The image didn't change much, and I don't think the F-stop changed, but it may have.

heath