DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   JVC’s br-hd50u alternative HDV Deck (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/114575-jvc-s-br-hd50u-alternative-hdv-deck.html)

Steve Oakley March 7th, 2008 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott R. Smith (Post 836510)
A) You are no longer editing long GOP HDV, with all it's problems.
C) The video can be square-pixel instead of anamorphic.
D) You can import into any codec Final cut has to offer (i.e. Prores422)

please tell me what "all its problems" are ? HDV edits just as well as any other format once you get it in. I've had ZERO problems with editing native HDV once its in, including RT FX.

720 HDV _is_ SQUARE PIXEL to begin with. thats what goes to tape, so I don't get your point. DVCpro is rectangular pixels, but at this point in time, given all apps can deal with rectangular pixels including PS, its a moot point.

you can capture FW HDV directly to ProRes. I've been doing it on a G5 2.5ghz machine.

Kim Wang March 20th, 2008 08:50 AM

We took the plunge last week and bought the Sony GV-HD700 HDV Video Walkman VCR. We absolutely love it.
We are using the fire wire to control the deck. And HDMI to capture both 1080i & 720p footage using BMD’s intensity pro card.

It doesn’t play 720 through the fire wire, only 1080i & DV footage. For the price it was fantastic. I will pay more just to have pro version with RS422 control & 720 up convert to 1080i.

Though we hasn’t try it yet but We you believe it record HDV 1080i from its fire wire port only.
Kim W

(Premire Pro CS3 on XP)

Randy Johnson March 20th, 2008 08:25 PM

Will it do "Scene detection" through the Firewire?

Daniel Weber March 22nd, 2008 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kim Wang (Post 845555)
We took the plunge last week and bought the Sony GV-HD700 HDV Video Walkman VCR. We absolutely love it.
We are using the fire wire to control the deck. And HDMI to capture both 1080i & 720p footage using BMD’s intensity pro card.

It doesn’t play 720 through the fire wire, only 1080i & DV footage. For the price it was fantastic. I will pay more just to have pro version with RS422 control & 720 up convert to 1080i.

Though we hasn’t try it yet but We you believe it record HDV 1080i from its fire wire port only.
Kim W

(Premire Pro CS3 on XP)

Does is play HDV 720p24? I know some of the earlier HDV decks would only play 720p30 out the HDMI or component ports.

Daniel Weber

Scott Shama March 27th, 2008 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy Johnson (Post 845942)
Will it do "Scene detection" through the Firewire?

I would love to know this as well...

Anyone with this unit please let us know...

Thanks,
Scott

Kim Wang March 27th, 2008 10:17 AM

We will try both “Scene detection” & 24p playback early next week. All our system is booked all week 24/7.

As soon as we get some down time I’ll try posting the result. So far we loved it.
Kim W