DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   New Upgrade 3.0 for DR-HD100, Support 50p/60p in quicktime native (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/115249-new-upgrade-3-0-dr-hd100-support-50p-60p-quicktime-native.html)

Javier Tabares February 19th, 2008 07:04 PM

New Upgrade 3.0 for DR-HD100, Support 50p/60p in quicktime native

Focus Enhancements Adds QuickTime 720p 50 & 60 Support for Final Cut Pro Users with DR-HD100 Version 3.0

The new version 3.0 firmware update enables owners of JVC GY-HD200 and HD250 ProHD camcorders to record 720p 50 and 60 files directly to DR-HD100 in QuickTime format—further streamlining the production process with the direct import of files into Final Cut Pro version 6.0.2.

"With the version 3.0 update from Focus Enhancements, the DR-HD100 is able to provide the fastest and most efficient professional HD 60p and 50p editing available today," states Craig Yanagi, National Marketing Manager of Creation Products, JVC Professional Products Company. "Our continuous close engineering collaboration has resulted in the development of this revolutionary high definition recording and editing workflow solution."

In addition to QuickTime 720p 50 & 60 support, DR-HD100 version 3.0 adds auto-reel functionality to help streamline the production process by ensuring users can easily identify clips in the editing system. With auto-reel, users can assign clips to pre-named reel folders on disk. Once a reel has been selected, all subsequent clips will automatically be placed in the same reel until the user selects a new clip or disables the auto-reel function.

Version 3.0 is now available for $39 on the Focus Enhancements website, www.focusinfo.com. You can contact Focus directly at sales@focusinfo.com or 800.338.3348.

Justin Ferar February 19th, 2008 11:42 PM

Can I get an "Aahhmen!"

Akbar Ukani February 20th, 2008 02:08 AM

man...talk about something being long overdue!!...but good thing its finally here!

Marc Jayson February 20th, 2008 06:53 AM

"Aahhmen!"

;-)

Mark Silva February 20th, 2008 12:49 PM

They really shouldn't be charging people for this imo.

Adam Letch February 20th, 2008 05:41 PM

agree with Mark

first BIOS update I've ever seen with anything where they charge you!

Adam

Greg E. Smith February 20th, 2008 06:46 PM

They charged for the previous update to 2.0 firmware as well.

Adam Letch February 20th, 2008 09:29 PM

Ok then

before I bought my unit. Still poor though, cmon firestore people, you'll be competing against convergent design and the colorspace people soon, so don't undermind your good product by being greedy!

Marc Jayson February 24th, 2008 06:12 AM

I installed 3.0.2 and I have this strange problem with FCP.

I made a test recording 720p50 (QT) and tried to import it in FCP. FCP thinks that it is an audio file! Motion and Quicktime Player don't have a problem with the file and play the recording correctly.

Someone else having this problem?

Simon Reilly February 24th, 2008 11:38 AM

same problem

I had this same problem on FCP 5.1.4 on a power book, but when I brought the same files into FCP 6.2 on my Mac Pro they functioned normally.
They showed up on the powerbook as audio files, in both FCP 5.1.4 and In Quicktime.
No Idea, why as of yet

Marc Jayson February 24th, 2008 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon Reilly (Post 832023)
I had this same problem on FCP 5.1.4 on a power book, but when I brought the same files into FCP 6.2 on my Mac Pro they functioned normally.
They showed up on the powerbook as audio files, in both FCP 5.1.4 and In Quicktime.
No Idea, why as of yet

I just came back to the studio and I tried it again, I don't know why but it works now :-0

Btw I'm also using FCP 6.0.2

Daniel Wilson February 25th, 2008 03:02 AM

How is the upgrade supplied? I've just purchased it, but I can't see any information about whether they'll email or post it to me. It's been about half an hour and I haven't had any email notifying me of anything.

I'm guessing the emails are processed manually and I need to wait until business hours start in the US, but I would have expected an auto reply to acknowledge the order at least.

Also, with the V2 upgrade, if you bought the unit after V2 released, did you still have to pay for the upgrade? I just purchased the unit today but I couldn't find any info on whether I'm entitled to a free upgrade so I assumed not and paid for it.

Thanks,

Dan

Marc Jayson February 25th, 2008 03:38 AM

You'll get a Yousendit download link, the mail was located in my Junk folder! So pay extra attention to the Junk folder.
Yes you still have to pay, I bought mine with v2 installed.