DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   HD 200 dead (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/115516-hd-200-dead.html)

Glen Vandermolen February 22nd, 2008 06:24 PM

HD 200 dead

So I'm playing with my HD 200, just zooming in and out, checking the picture, when - bam!- it goes completely dead. I check the battery, tried different ones, no effect. I plug it into my ac adapter, and still no power. It's as if it were turned off. I didn't have the firewire connected, in case that would short it out. It has an A-B battery mount. Any suggestions?

Eric Darling February 22nd, 2008 08:45 PM

Check that the AB adapter is seated squarely. The way that thing mounts seems a bit precarious to me - just those two tiny screws.

If that doesn't fix it, it's possibly fuses - I'm not sure where those are on the JVC cams, or if they are user-serviceable.

Were you running off battery or AC when this happened?

Glen Vandermolen February 22nd, 2008 09:17 PM

The AB mount seems secure. I was on battery power.

Steve Oakley February 22nd, 2008 11:36 PM

re-mount the battery adaptor. there are tales of the little plastic pins that hold the bottom in breaking off or not being fully engaged.

Brian Luce February 23rd, 2008 12:23 AM

Just wanted to point, this guys says he plugged it into the AC adaptor and got the same result. I don't think this a battery issue...

Eric Darling February 23rd, 2008 12:49 AM

Back at you, Brian. This camera's AC is typically delivered via a Titan charger connected through the DC mains via the AB adapter we've been discussing. At least it is in my case.

Jad Meouchy February 23rd, 2008 01:00 AM

try the xlr power input?

Brian Luce February 23rd, 2008 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Darling (Post 831232)
Back at you, Brian. This camera's AC is typically delivered via a Titan charger connected through the DC mains via the AB adapter we've been discussing. At least it is in my case.

Okay, never mind then...

Jon R. Haskell February 23rd, 2008 08:09 PM

Glenn...did you check the fuse in the A/B battery holder? jon

Matt Ryan February 23rd, 2008 09:34 PM

HD200 dead

I just purchased a brand new hd200 and when turned on once everything worked fine. the second time I turned it on it powers up because the lights are on but the lcd and viewfinder are completely black. I called Technical support and they told me it was an internal fuse or a wiring problem. I sent it back through the perfect experience program and got a brand new unit that has not had the problem. Is the hd200 lighting up but there is nothing in your viewfinder or lcd? If so it would have to be repaired by JVC. I was told us consumers could not access the fuses.

Glen Vandermolen February 24th, 2008 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon R. Haskell (Post 831701)
Glenn...did you check the fuse in the A/B battery holder? jon

I haven't yet. I don't want to jeopardize my warranty, so I don't want to probe about too much. I guess checking behind the battery plate isn't too complex.
In answer to another query, there is no power at all. It's as if there weren't a battery attached.
Luckily the camera is only 6 months old, so the warranty will cover it. Still, it sucks to lose the camera for however long this takes to repair.