DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   JVC HDV would be release in april (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/38465-jvc-hdv-would-release-april.html)

Guillaume Tremblay January 28th, 2005 10:17 AM

JVC HDV would be release in april

That's what I found on another forum.

"Attended Video Forum at Earls court, London today (Jan 25th). Sony were very busy pushing the Z1, I was very impressed by the quality of the cam.

However I got into a very long chat with a JVC rep who showed me some images of JVC's attempt at 3 CCD HDV. He informed me it is 24p and 25p compatible. This is the result of a huge survey amoungst the pro world and what they wished to see on the cam. However it is bigger than the Sony and is shoulder mounted size.

He said this would retail at around £3500 and released June in UK, however it would be released April at the NAB in USA. So I suggest you all head directly for the conference and check it out. The JVC rep is convinced it will create a stir and said I would be wise to hang on buying the Sony and at least check out the JVC.

Just thought I'd let you all know.

Cheers

Glenn

In Motion Productions, UK"

Frank Granovski January 31st, 2005 06:28 AM

I'm not buying into HDV, period. :)

Peter Jefferson February 6th, 2005 03:51 AM

they just released a 2/3CCD SD shoulder mount beauty to replace the 5001 :)

cheap too...

Michael Struthers February 9th, 2005 02:47 PM

I notice they are blowing out the 5000, i guess something is up...

Filip Kovcin February 9th, 2005 03:01 PM

Re: JVC HDV would be release in april

<<<-- Originally posted by Guillaume Tremblay : However I got into a very long chat with a JVC rep who showed me some images of JVC's attempt at 3 CCD HDV. He informed me it is 24p and 25p compatible. ->>>

what kind of CCD (size? 2/3"?) it will have? did you asked that maybe?

filip

Filip Kovcin February 9th, 2005 03:03 PM

Re: JVC HDV would be release in april

Guillaume,

i forgot to ask - since you said that you had long conversation with the JVC guy - can you tell us more - what else you know? what did you talked about? i mean - other things wchich you didn't mentioned before...

thank you,

filip

Peter Jefferson February 10th, 2005 08:33 AM

theres an update to the DV5000 i cant recall teh number but i have a pdf in the office machine..

this one offers a 16:9 shooting aspect as well as coming stock with a 16:9 4:3 switchable EVF

its sexy black too ;)

oh theyve added a 12bit rgb (cough Pana cough) and its still 1/2 ccd in size.. the 2/3 unit is gonna be about 25k bit far off i think.. ...

Filip Kovcin February 10th, 2005 01:21 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Peter Jefferson : theres an update to the DV5000 i cant recall teh number but i have a pdf in the office machine.. -->>>

is it possible to send it or link it somehow?

thanks,

filip

Jose di Cani February 11th, 2005 06:51 PM

don't buy these marketing tricks, neither by sony , jvc or panasonic.