DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   HD100 problems ! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/50034-hd100-problems.html)

Mouayed Zabtia August 26th, 2005 04:32 AM

HD100 problems !

I bought my HD100 from France and it look have same problems that was reports from outer country in the world , bad pixels , vertical line on the screen , I contact jvc franc and didn't answer until yet , my question is there any one was have this problems and fix this thing ? , I wonder what jvc utterance , is I have to coexist with this problems or I have to send it to France , jvc told shop that I was bought the camcorder that all it was testing in Germany before send to other Europe contrary , how is QC can send camcorder with like this problems ? anyway I read many people in this site say that happen for all new products , in fact that’s not true , I was bought XL2 last year when was first shipment on the market , and result 100% , also I do the same with DVX100 , SONY PD150 and I still use those camcorder until now , in fact that’s my first time I use jvc equipment and I think last time , now if I can return the time honesty I will buy sony z1 .

Tim Dashwood August 26th, 2005 07:21 AM

Have patience. I received my production model a week ago and it also has the split screen problem WHEN THE GAIN IS TURNED ON.
It has been mentioned in other threads (dvinfo and dvxuser.com) that there are two image processors (one for right, and one for left) and that they are not calibrated properly. It has also been suggested that a firmware update is around the corner that will solve the problem, and will be user servicable.
As for white pixels, my unit has one, but it is only noticable at +18db. I don't ever plan on shooting at +18db, so it doesn't bother me. However, some have suggested on this forum that a service technician can "mask" those pixels (as with most professional cameras) from the service menu.

Tim

Chris Hurd August 26th, 2005 07:37 AM

Hi Mouayed,

It is important that you work with the dealer who sold you the camera. You should contact the dealer and seek their assistance in helping you to resolve these issues.

Nate Weaver August 26th, 2005 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mouayed Zabtia
anyway I read many people in this site say that happen for all new products , in fact that’s not true ,

I seem to remember way back in the dark ages of 1998 a video noise/shielding problem with the first batch of XL1s.

And then in 2000 there was the audio noise problem of the first VX2000s/PD150s.

Mouayed, this really does happen with first batch cameras. Don't sweat it. Work with your dealer and I imagine you'll get these problems taken care of.

Mouayed Zabtia August 26th, 2005 09:04 AM

Will I call jvc Paris and they told me I have to wait to know about this problem , you know what is funny in this , jvc told shop that I was bought the camcorder they told them that strange we test the camcorder in Germany and there's no problem also this first unit have this problem as they think , they didn't know about this problem , they think that I was first one have this problem , will I have to make drama to my local broadcast and I have now big complaint special when you think that your actor will have two different colors with white spot in there face , will guys I wish agene if I can back to the time I will get camcorder that 1k I think I will get better result .

Mathieu Bergeron August 26th, 2005 09:50 AM

Vertical split screen problem.

I received my camera today after repair and the split screen problem is less apparent but definitely there when I underexpose the image. They didn't repair the missing pixel on my LCD but it is in the black bars anyway. So I guess sending the camera to JVC will do something but not that much.

I guess I'll have to live with that, I have to forget about those problems and get back working on my film.

Jiri Bakala August 26th, 2005 11:01 AM

That's VERY DISTURBING!

I sure hope that JVC addresses the issue (or may have already) in an official fashion to dispell speculation and assure its potential customers that issues will be/are taken care of. Otherwise, they are taking chances on their marketshare.

Actually, I would really like to see more presence of JVC customer reps on this board. When a serious issue with the product is raised on other boards, namely AVID, the reps come in to clearify. I realize that DVinfo is not an official JVC board but there is a very significant presence of JVC owners and potential future owners that IMHO shoud warrant a bit more interest from the manufacturer.