DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   FilmNoir scene file example (Industrial) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/56256-filmnoir-scene-file-example-industrial.html)

Stephen L. Noe December 17th, 2005 07:58 PM

FilmNoir scene file example (Industrial)

FilmNoir, BleachBypass,Reversal,FilmVert scene files in an industrial setting. There is an industrial highway that is built high above the mills. In the winter you freeze your catoogies off trying to get any footage because there is no wind break! Anyway, you can easily see how these scene files affect the overall look. VERY OMINOUS.

Click to download wmv.

Thanks T.Dashwood for the scene files.

Brian Duke December 17th, 2005 08:22 PM

Woudln't download. What Codec is needed?

Tim Dashwood December 17th, 2005 08:39 PM

Hi Stephen,

I'd love to see your results, but I also get the error message in Windows Media PLayer 9 (9.0.0 for Mac) "This file may not correctly play because it was compressed by using a codec that is not supported."

How about m2t?

Robert Niemann December 18th, 2005 04:58 AM

For me it works. And once again I have to say: The HD100 makes the best cine-like pictures, I ever have seen from an affordable HD/SD camcorder. Great, Stephen!

Stephen L. Noe December 18th, 2005 09:03 AM

Screen Captures

Here are a couple of screen captures for our Mac friends.

Screencap 1

Screencap 2

The wmv was encoded with WME 9.1 using a full resolution profile, which may be why it will not play on the Mac (full rez).

Brian Duke December 18th, 2005 09:39 AM

Can you create a Quicktime file?

Steve Brunton December 18th, 2005 10:21 AM

When you say cine-like , do you just mean, 24p?

At first I thought you were talking about the cine-look that the Z1 tries to reproduce?

Great image quality on the footage, can't wait to get my HD101.

Tim Dashwood December 18th, 2005 10:24 AM

Thanks Stephen. How did you WB? Preset 5600K or 3200K or manual?

I'm still trying to figure out why stuff shot in daylight with the warm, reversal and warm green settings don't look right. I think I know why, but your test will help me confirm my thoughts.

Stephen L. Noe December 18th, 2005 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Brunton
When you say cine-like , do you just mean, 24p?

At first I thought you were talking about the cine-look that the Z1 tries to reproduce?

Great image quality on the footage, can't wait to get my HD101.

Cinelike is a preset scene file in the HD-100 which set's up the camera to what JVC considers Cinema Like (HDV24p with lower detail). There are 3 or 4 presets built in and then you can save your own scene files to the SD card (4 in all on the card).

@Tim-I manually white balanced the camera. The scene's look dark because I closed down the iris. With the temperature being 9 degrees Farenheit up on a 15 story bridge and the wind blowing hard, I only took one crack at each scene file. It makes a powerful industrial scene for the various scene files but I got froze out!