DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   And STILL nobody dares challenge the Mini35? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/61211-still-nobody-dares-challenge-mini35.html)

Henry Gretzinger February 21st, 2006 01:43 PM

And STILL nobody dares challenge the Mini35?

Still no 35MM adaptors for the HD100 that make use of the bayonet mount? For shame...tsk tsk. ;-) Seriously though, is there anyone out there that is planning on making an adaptor for the HD100? I'd be MIGHTY interested in such a product.

I would gladly pay up to $1500 for a quality adaptor, and I think quite a few other people would too...

Greg Corke February 21st, 2006 04:39 PM

Hi Henry,

I agree. I spoke to Optex before Christmas and they said they had a prototype but they went bust so that put pay to that little venture. we shall just have to wait I guess.

Greg.

Henry Gretzinger February 21st, 2006 05:56 PM

Greg-

Just noticed another post in the "Alternative Imaging" section. Quyen (creator of the "Letus35") will be producing an adaptor for the HD100 shortly after he rolls out his Canon XL model. Too exciting!!!

Henry

David Dessel February 22nd, 2006 02:20 PM

Check this out

www.movietube.com

-Dave Dessel

Ben Buie February 22nd, 2006 06:24 PM

I'm not sure if this is exactly the same, but it got my interest:

http://www.redrockmicro.com/micro35.html

Cineform even has a setting in their AspectHD and ConnectHD to account for using the M2 in your HDV footage.

Roughly $1,000.00 for the photographic lens adapter and $1,500.00 for the cinema lens adapter.

That means you could buy a nice Canon or Nikon photographic lens and the M2 adapter for less than $1,500.00 total, which isn't too shabby.

Sorry if this is old news.

Ben

Tim Dashwood February 22nd, 2006 07:13 PM

The Letus35, MovieTube, and RedRockMicro35 all require the use of the built in camcorder lens.

Henry is asking about alternatives to the P+S Technik that use a relay lens connected to the bayonet mount. I don't klnow of any, but I have been working on a "home-built" relay lens.

Matthew Nayman February 23rd, 2006 11:04 AM

I believe the Letus is being made with a relay lens, so you would be able to use it without the default lens. As far as I know old Quyen is working on the XL mount version first...

Henry Gretzinger February 23rd, 2006 11:04 AM

BINGO. As I said before, Quyen seems to be working on a solution, but it may take a few months. I'm interested in bypassing the stock lens in an effort to reduce the CA everybody has been talking about. It's a decent lens, but the whole point of buying an HD camera with a removable lens is to have the power to use cleaner lenses.

Henry

Matthew Nayman February 23rd, 2006 05:49 PM

To clarify (as I do not own an HD100)...
Is there only 1 usable lens right now?

Jiri Bakala February 23rd, 2006 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Nayman
To clarify (as I do not own an HD100)...
Is there only 1 usable lens right now?

The camera is sold in different configurations. One is with the 'stock' lens (Fujinon TH16X5.5BRMU), which is okay, as long as you avoid shooting at the end of the zoom, where the CA usually happens. It is a 'usable' lens, though. The other lens available is wide zoom (Fujinon T16X5.5BRM), which by all accounts is much better but also more expensive.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

Michael Maier February 25th, 2006 08:54 AM

Everybody wants to bypass the stock lens because of it's short comings but yet they seem to believe a home made relay lens will be any better? That's quite hilarious if you ask me. Expecting a relay lens better than the stock Fuji plus a 35mm adapter all for $1,500 while the Fuji lens alone cost around $800 and is produced in large scale by a large company (bring production costs down) and the P+S relay lens alone is about $2,000 is really unrealistic to say the least. Optics is a complex and expensive matter. A good lens calls for expert and precise craft, coatings and engineering. Anybody who thinks a lens better than the stock fuji can be home made is just dreaming. Specially not for little money. Somebody soon or later will come up with a relay lens for the HD100 or XL2 to bypass their stock lenses, but I’m pretty sure they will be worse than the stock lenses and in the case of the HD100, much worse. HD has very high requirements.

Ian E. Pearson February 26th, 2006 12:15 PM

mini35 relay lens

Ive never used any 35mm adapter so this may be a stupid question. Would it be possible to convert the mini35 relay lens made for the HD100 to be used with another 35mm adapter like the M2 or the G35? Even though its expensive, if you could modify it and modify your other 35mm device to work with each other it could be the lower cost solution everyone wants.