DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Firmware for the HD-100U Camera (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/61326-firmware-hd-100u-camera.html)

Rob Stiff February 22nd, 2006 11:16 PM

Firmware for the HD-100U Camera

Does anyone know about any firmware updates to the
HD-100U Camera since its release?

Tim Dashwood February 23rd, 2006 01:20 AM

There have been numerous firmware updates since its release. The earliest version I know about is v1.12 and the latest is v2.02. The most common seems to be v1.17.

Steven D. Martin February 23rd, 2006 05:11 AM

How do you get the updates and then install them?

Diogo Athouguia February 23rd, 2006 06:33 AM

I was sent an update by my dealer a few monsths ago, I was having some issues. I asked him last week for new updates and JVC Europe told him that there is no later firmware revision for my model of camera. I don't know what he means by model, maybe there are differences on first and late units. Mine is 4 months old.

The updates are instaled using the SD card and there more than one firmware on the same camera. The one they sent me was for the cameras VTR. Tim is talking about the SYS CPU firmaware.

Steven Thomas February 23rd, 2006 12:10 PM

I've heard there is a beta firmware release available now. I believe it fixes the play/stop during capture using Cineform Connect HD and possibly other software.

I have this problem and I'm using v2.02.

Now, I heard to wait for the final release which should be available within a month or so.

Steve

Efrain Gomez February 23rd, 2006 12:38 PM

HD100 firmware download

A few questions about the firmware:

~ Where do I go to download this firmware update? Or do I need to call someone?

~ What if I do not have a card reader?

We just got the camera on Tuesday(feb. 21). I'm still learning the camera. We have an outside, night shoot next weekend, and i'm still learning the camera.

By the way, if I needed to ask your opinions on settings for nighttime shooting, and saving those settings, which thread should I post in?

:: efrain

Les Dit February 23rd, 2006 12:42 PM

something up at JVC for sure!

I was at the west coast JVC service center yesterday, and was behind the counter, where the action is. They had about 100 !! HD100s on the floor and on racks , with lenses off, being updated. They also had 3 engineers from Japan doing something. I was told to keep my voice down when talking about the sse problem and possible issues that would fix in, designwise.
Something was going on there !
-Les

Jiri Bakala February 23rd, 2006 01:22 PM

That's interesting...because my dealer is supposed to deliver a camera to my friend and they were told that JVC stopped the deliveries because they are "addressing a problem in the current shippment"...??? That sounds like some kind of an update of firmware to me...

Tim Dashwood February 23rd, 2006 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Efrain Gomez
~ Where do I go to download this firmware update? Or do I need to call someone?

You can't download them. They are not user updatable the way Nikon or Canon do their digital SLR firmware updates.

If you don't have any specific problems with your camera, then you don't need a firmware update.

Diogo Athouguia February 24th, 2006 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
You can't download them. They are not user updatable the way Nikon or Canon do their digital SLR firmware updates.

If you don't have any specific problems with your camera, then you don't need a firmware update.

Exactly, I was sent the update because I was having problems and I purchased my camera from a dealer outside my country. Otherwise I would have to take the camera there so they could do the update. It is an easy procedure but if anything goes wrong the camera could be damaged.

If you do not have a card reader you'll have to get one, it's a cheap and useful piece. It is also useful to manage scene files on your cameras SD card.

Terry Nixon February 25th, 2006 04:16 PM

we ran into an issue on a new demo camera that just arrived this month.

we shipped the camcorder back to JVC yesterday for a firmware update.

i'm not sure if this update is for all camcorders or just recently shipped camcorders.

i was told it would take only a few days.

Steven Thomas February 25th, 2006 04:20 PM

Terry,
what was the issue?

Do you know what firmware version it had?