DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Remove lens hood? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/61428-remove-lens-hood.html)

Steven Thomas February 24th, 2006 11:25 AM

Remove lens hood?

OK,
This may seem like one stupid question, but how do you remove the lens hood?

There's nothing regarding this topic in the manual.

Thanks,steve

Maurice Jolly February 24th, 2006 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Thomas
OK,
This may seem like one stupid question, but how do you remove the lens hood?

Thanks,steve

ok, first face the lens, turn to the left and pull off.

Steven Thomas February 24th, 2006 11:42 AM

wow...
I now feel like a jerk.....

I can tell you that I did try the obvious, but since it did not budge, I did not
force it.

thanks, I'll give it a try.

Earl Thurston February 24th, 2006 11:45 AM

Note that it's also really tight. It feels like you're about to break it but you're not.

Tim Dashwood February 24th, 2006 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven Thomas

That's right, but it is in the green Fujinon lens manual, page 11.

Antony Quintin February 24th, 2006 05:29 PM

?

does it have a thread, as I would want to use my matte box but the only connector is the adapter ring I have??? can I screw it onto the front of the lens if I remove the lens hood?

Tim Dashwood February 24th, 2006 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antony Quintin
does it have a thread, as I would want to use my matte box but the only connector is the adapter ring I have??? can I screw it onto the front of the lens if I remove the lens hood?

Yes. The lens has a 82mm screw.

Antony Quintin February 24th, 2006 05:42 PM

:)

Thanks Tim

Tim Holtermann February 24th, 2006 09:51 PM

As a side note, I have my HD100 fitted with the Chrosziel matte box and support arms. (great system). Anyway, since the matte box is attached via the arms it doesn't need to be clamped down on the lens but I find it less sturdy this way (I hate things that can rattle on the camera). If you try to tighten down the matte box to the lens as if you were not using arms at all you will find that you can no longer focus. However, once I added my 82mm Clear UV Glass Filter to the lense then applied the Matte Box I can tighten down fine. Just that tiny bit of distances makes a big difference on how the matte box adaptor ring clamps down.

Jiri Bakala February 24th, 2006 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Holtermann
If you try to tighten down the matte box to the lens as if you were not using arms at all you will find that you can no longer focus.

Oh yes, I ran into that too...until I received a new adaptor ring that screws onto the lens via the INSIDE thread. That way the matte box is firmly attached and everything works fine. An $85.00 fix. Works.

Coco Bermudez October 19th, 2007 09:54 PM

So here is another question:

So I remove the lens hood of the lens and there is this platic thingy with grooves that allows the lens hood to fit in a snug matter. Is there a way to remove this plastic holder also. I've tried to use brute force but it will not come out. Am I supposed to leave it on? Where do I attach a UV filter?

On my old DSR-300 I would take the hood out of the Canon lens and I would have direct contact with the front of the lens without having this plastic thing in between.

Any ideas?

Shai Camerini October 20th, 2007 01:01 AM

Its the sunshade

you have to rotate a bit (to the right i believe when you are in-front of the camera) and then pull