DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Work HDV and Other HD100 Websites (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/62097-work-hdv-other-hd100-websites.html)

Bruce Meyers March 4th, 2006 03:26 PM

Work HDV and Other HD100 Websites

I've scoured the net for an HD100 project or some note that has been made recently... found nothing... aside from dvinfo.net what other websites are there for tech savvy filmmakers that might feature some neat HD100 work or just HDV work in general? Do I expect too much? Where can one find some quality HDV work? It can't be this disorganized, ostensibly millions or maybe 100s of thousands of people have these cameras, have come there isn't a way to view quality content that is produced with these new formats? Where can one find this work? I think in terms of purchasing desicions, and the edification of us all, it'd be important to set up a section that addresses the WORK, I can't believe that the whole international HDV filmmaking community is so unprolific, dormant at this time... what's the deal, am I hideously misinformed? Is there some secret network I don't know of, I just really really really really really really want to see some quality HDV/HD100 work... This is not meant as an attack, I imagine many of you share this sentiment, so where is the work? Where are these websites? Given the sales of these cameras, there has to be some substantial stuff out there, right?

Daniel Patton March 4th, 2006 04:36 PM

I have seen a lot of clips shared right here. Not full released projects, but they are in the works. Besides (as previously mentioned), I good quality project can take many months, even years to complete and/or be aired. Add the fact that it IS a new camera, a LOT of testing will be done first before anyone takes such a gamble.

Bruce Meyers March 4th, 2006 05:03 PM

I just would like to survey this board and see if there is some site or some group that is dedicated to producing content, it seems a bit absurd that after a year of work, the combined efforts of all the filmmaking people's of the earth have really amounted to nothing? No, not so I think... I know the work has to be out there, MY QUESTION IS WHERE? or... maybe I'm wrong, maybe it does take 5 years for content to be produced... Where is the HD100 work, the XLH1 WORK, the FX1 WORK, are shorts being seen in festivals that are made with these cameras? I think given the sales of SONY, JVC, CANON, PANSONIC, it's not plausible that there'd be so little content to view online. My only question is where? Where is the content, does it really not exist? I doubt that's true... I mean no offense, I just would like to survey the members of this board, I think it's important issue, one that should be central to all our thinking...

Boyd Ostroff March 4th, 2006 05:20 PM

Moderator note: I've had to edit this thread to remove some OT content. Please keep your comments constructive on on topic. Thanks in advance.

Tim Dashwood March 4th, 2006 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Meyers
Where can one find this work? I think in terms of purchasing desicions, and the edification of us all, it'd be important to set up a section that addresses the WORK

BTW Bruce, dvinfo.net does have a forum dedicated to showcasing your work, no matter what camera you shoot with.
The forum is called DV for the Masses and can be found here: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/forumdisplay.php?f=39

Granted, I did a search for "HD100" in that forum and received 0 results.
Maybe Chris should start a "HDV for the Masses" forum?

Chris Hurd March 4th, 2006 08:07 PM

Well I had thought about re-naming our "DV For The Masses" forum, but I can't feel comfortable calling it "HDV For The Masses" because www.2-pop.com already has a forum by that name. Hmm, I wonder if they got that idea from us? No matter. I'll find some new name for it, and it's intended for DV, HDV, or any format anyway.

For Bruce, you've got to realize, the type of camera, whether it's an HD100 or something else, has very very little impact on the quality of a finished work. That's more a function of the talent and creativity behind any project. Certainly not the gear though. It simply does not matter which camera you use. What counts is content, above all. And execution.

Also, the internet is not exactly a delivery medium for HD video. I don't think anyone should seriously expect to be able to download completed works right off the web... unless that's what the producers of those works intended.

Earl Thurston March 4th, 2006 11:44 PM

Also consider that many of the productions made by the folks around here are actually owned by someone else. Thus, they cannot simply be posted on a public forum like this without permission from the copyright owners (or monetary compensation).