DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Version "A" - Canadian HD100 Owners Left Out Again? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/65308-version-canadian-hd100-owners-left-out-again.html)

Earl Thurston April 17th, 2006 02:17 PM

Version "A" - Canadian HD100 Owners Left Out Again?

Since the free version "A" update is or US customers only, what's the scoop for Canadian owners? I searched the entire US sticky thread but couldn't find any information. Is it something we have to pay for, or is it even something JVC Canada is doing at all?

Once again it feels like JVC Canada is neglecting its customers. US customers recently got a free battery kit. Canadians were supposed to get a different promotion instead (wide angle adapter and tripod plate), but if that ever happened, I never heard/saw anything else about it. (Or, perhaps it was only for new customers, which in itself is lesser treatment because the US promotion was offered to existing owners.)

What do the other Canadians here think?

Tim Holtermann April 17th, 2006 03:50 PM

Have you called your local Canadian Rep?

Tim Dashwood April 17th, 2006 03:58 PM

Earl,

You have some of your information wrong.

Just contact your dealer if you need the 'A' update, (you own A/B batteries or the DR-HD100.) He/she will make the appropriate arrangements with head office. Otherwise, don't sweat it.

The update process is different in Canada. JVC Canada has been doing them, but they don't have anywhere near the same amount of staff or resources in Toronto as the California operation. I was told by my dealer that they can only update max 2 cameras per day, so if you don't require this update immediately I would wait until the queue shortens.

As far as I know JVC Canada is still offering the promotional bundle with the KA-551 Tripod quick release and the WCV-82SC Wide Converter. I'm not sure if this will even expire, you should ask your dealer.

BTW, the U.S. IDX promotion was not extended to existing U.S. customers, but only customers who had purchased the camera within a few weeks of the announcement.

Earl Thurston April 17th, 2006 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Holtermann
Have you called your local Canadian Rep?

Yes, and I asked to be kept abreast of these issues but haven't heard back.

Earl Thurston April 17th, 2006 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Dashwood
...the U.S. IDX promotion was not extended to existing U.S. customers, but only customers who had purchased the camera within a few weeks of the announcement.

That's really what I meant, in not so many words. (I just didn't want my original post to get long-winded.) The point being that people who recently bought the camera were getting the offer, so it wasn't just an incentive to gain new customers.

But in any case, it doesn't seem like JVC Canada has done much to promote either issue. There's nothing mentioned (that I could find) on the JVC Canada Web site. Nor has my dealer followed up with me. If I wasn't on this site, I would never have known about them.

For the record, I don't really need the "A" update. But the point is, why hasn't JVC Canada announced anything for those who do? Surely you can see why I'm bringing this up.