DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   Anton Bauer Power Promo with GYHD100UA (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/68028-anton-bauer-power-promo-gyhd100ua.html)

Steve Benner June 20th, 2006 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis VanHoose
Just received the AB promo battery & charger. NICE. Thanks AB & JVC. Will post more info after the charge.

I got mine last week. 433 Minutes! I am getting the DR-HD100 mount and adapter so it can power that as well.

K. Forman June 20th, 2006 04:09 PM

I just got the Dionic 90 batt I ordered with my camera. Tapeworks was on backorder, but got them in just after they shipped my cam. Sooo... take this as a positive sign that they are doing a better job at staying on top.

I also have to say, these are some huge batteries. If you are unfamiliar with these types of power cells, you are in for a surprise!

Jonathan Nelson June 20th, 2006 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith Forman
I just got the Dionic 90 batt I ordered with my camera. Tapeworks was on backorder, but got them in just after they shipped my cam. Sooo... take this as a positive sign that they are doing a better job at staying on top.

I also have to say, these are some huge batteries. If you are unfamiliar with these types of power cells, you are in for a surprise!

I'm drooling already. So how long does it take to get the cells?

K. Forman June 20th, 2006 05:45 PM

I got this one in about a week. However, I'm still waiting to get the kit from the promo, this one is a spare.

Scott Cantrell June 26th, 2006 11:13 AM

For those of you waiting till the last moment to purchase the GYHD100UA to take advantage of the A/B Power Promo, please remember that product must be shipped and invoiced by this Friday, June 30th!!!

Please contact TapeWorks Texas Inc toll free 866-827-3489 if you have any questions pertaining to this promotion.

Best Regards,
Scott Cantrell
TapeWorks Texas Inc - HDVinfo Sponser
866-827-3489
scott@tapeworkstexas.com

Kurt Piepenbrok June 28th, 2006 06:54 AM

What Luck!

I bought my JVC a few weeks ago and didn't even know about the promo but B&H Photo (the vendor) sent all the needed paperwork. They say to alow 6-8 weeks but mine came in one week. I was shocked.
There is no way to seriously use this camera with the stock batteries. I had been using my Bescor lead-acid belt with a 12v to 7.5v down converter. That gave me about 4 and a half hours which is still a good option, it's just heavy.

Eric Darling June 29th, 2006 04:57 PM

Got mine today, too. This battery isn't big! (at least not for an Anton Bauer). The Dionic 90 is easily the smallest and lightest AB battery I now own. Seriously, the Pro Pacs are twice the size. I am looking forward to the better performance that the Dionic technology provides. Since I had already bought the AB adapter, the one that came with this kit is a spare. With just those two tiny screws holding the adapter to the camera, I'm a bit concerned about the durability of this thing. So, I think I'm going to hold onto the second for safekeeping.

K. Forman June 29th, 2006 05:42 PM

Mine showed up today, while I was out, of course. And of course, the wife couldn't get to the door in time... I'll be here tomorrow, waiting to pounce!

K. Forman June 30th, 2006 04:38 PM

That poor UPS guy didn't know what hit him. That door was open, and I was in his face before he took his finger off the doorbell! I'm mildly disappointed though, the charger only does one batt at a time?

Eric Darling July 2nd, 2006 10:15 PM

Yes, the Titan 70 is a charger and AC power supply that has a single position. That disappointment better be pretty mild... I don't know how you can be disappointed in a $1200 value gift, personally. That's a pretty good return on the cost of a postage stamp.