DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   DR-HD100 at ZGC (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/68652-dr-hd100-zgc.html)

Carl Martin June 1st, 2006 10:19 AM

DR-HD100 at ZGC

Well, I just took the plunge and purchased a JVC DR-HD100-80. Not only was Christine helpful, they have it in stock, and they are the least expensive around that I can find. $1499.00 for this thing is hundreds less then everyone I searched.

Keep them in mind.

Gary Williams June 1st, 2006 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl Martin
Well, I just took the plunge and purchased a JVC DR-HD100-80. Not only was Christine helpful, they have it in stock, and they are the least expensive around that I can find. $1499.00 for this thing is hundreds less then everyone I searched.

Keep them in mind.

Let us know how well it works when you have had a chance to play with it.

Shawn Kessler June 1st, 2006 11:18 AM

Drhd-100

hi carl!
This was the best ever i got mine for 1535.00 were did you
get yours at? as i might be getting a new one in the future. retail
on a 80 gig is 1800 bucks so were both doing good. even though
you still cant load it direct into FC I have found streamclip to be the
perfect converter and its free. well ive said my bed good luck.

Carl Martin June 1st, 2006 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn Kessler
hi carl!
This was the best ever i got mine for 1535.00 were did you
get yours at? as i might be getting a new one in the future. retail
on a 80 gig is 1800 bucks so were both doing good. even though
you still cant load it direct into FC I have found streamclip to be the
perfect converter and its free. well ive said my bed good luck.

ZGC in New Jersey.

Richard Bock June 1st, 2006 02:15 PM

Zgc

Funny you should mention this. I just purchased a filter from ZGC a day or so ago having never heard of them. The customer service was excellent (especially compared to some of the other retailers I've been buying from recently). They didn't have the filter in stock but tracked one down and had it dropped shipped to me. I believe the woman I dealt with was named Barbara. Very highly recommended after one transaction.

Dave Beaty June 1st, 2006 03:01 PM

If you have the Anton Bauer adaptor, get the mount and the power tap cable. I was using the Noga arm for a while, but the Anton mount is so much better. It goes behind the Dionics.

Dave

Carl Martin June 1st, 2006 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Beaty
If you have the Anton Bauer adaptor, get the mount and the power tap cable. I was using the Noga arm for a while, but the Anton mount is so much better. It goes behind the Dionics.

Dave

I did, thanks.

Marc Colemont June 6th, 2006 03:48 AM

Carl, how is the DR-HD100 performing?
Does it has it's own battery or can you feed power from the IDX output connector for example? How long does it last?
Any drop-outs?

Carl Martin June 6th, 2006 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Colemont
Carl, how is the DR-HD100 performing?
Does it has it's own battery or can you feed power from the IDX output connector for example? How long does it last?
Any drop-outs?

Hey Marc,

I just received it yesterday, and my camera just arrived from JVC, so I have not tried it yet. I don't know about IDX, I am an AB user, and the power tap is what I will use to power the devise. It does come with a battery.

Marc Colemont June 6th, 2006 10:55 AM

Ah, I thought you were already using it.
Concerning the power tap, it should be the same connector for the IDX.
Let us know how it goes shooting with the device.

Marc Colemont June 17th, 2006 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl Martin
Hey Marc,

I just received it yesterday, and my camera just arrived from JVC, so I have not tried it yet. I don't know about IDX, I am an AB user, and the power tap is what I will use to power the devise. It does come with a battery.

Hey Carl,
Any news on the DR-HD100? Is it working fine?

Marc

Carl Martin June 17th, 2006 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Colemont
Hey Carl,
Any news on the DR-HD100? Is it working fine?

Marc

Hey Marc,

Yeah it works great. I am just waiting for the software update from Focus, so I can you it with FC HD express.

Jaadgy Akanni June 17th, 2006 11:30 AM

DR-H100 and Avid Xpress Pro HD

I have the latest PC version of Avid Xpress Pro HD and .M2T files are supposedly fully supported. Can anyone tell me why it's been impossible for me to IMPORT the damn .M2T files into Avid Xpress Pro HD. What am I doing wrong? I keep getting something like a "unrecognized MPG file type" error. This is frustrating. Somebody please help.

Steve Benner June 17th, 2006 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaadgy Akanni
I have the latest PC version of Avid Xpress Pro HD and .M2T files are supposedly fully supported. Can anyone tell me why it's been impossible for me to IMPORT the damn .M2T files into Avid Xpress Pro HD. What am I doing wrong? I keep getting something like a "unrecognized MPG file type" error. This is frustrating. Somebody please help.

This was a question I had as well.

Carl Hicks June 17th, 2006 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaadgy Akanni

Jaadgy,

I have imported from the DR-HD100 to Avid Xpress Pro HD before, and it worked. I used the Avid "help" in the program to guide me through it. Have you looked at the Avid help, or called Avid tech support?

Regards, Carl