DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC GY-HD Series Camera Systems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/)
-   -   What's up with GY-HD110E and GY-HD111E in europe? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-gy-hd-series-camera-systems/69662-whats-up-gy-hd110e-gy-hd111e-europe.html)

Fredrik-Larsson June 16th, 2006 09:01 AM

What's up with GY-HD110E and GY-HD111E in europe?

I have started to see GY-HD110E and GY-HD111E versions in european shops though no real information on them. The old HD100 version has been removed. Anyone knows more?

Brian Drysdale June 16th, 2006 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredrik-Larsson
I have started to see GY-HD110E and GY-HD111E versions in european shops though no real information on them. The old HD100 version has been removed. Anyone knows more?

Some one told me that a new model was coming out next week. The local dealer told him that it costs £200 more than the old version. I don't know anymore.

The person that told me seemed to be getting confused with the HD 200, which I gather isn't due out until later in the year. This seems to be an upgrade of the HD100.

Interesting to know if this new model includes an image inverter.

Thom Seaman June 16th, 2006 09:31 AM

Fredrik,

See here:

http://www.creativevideo.co.uk/publi...=jvc_gy-hd110e

The 'description' tag documents the new features. Particularly interesting (if I'm reading correctly) is that it appears to include the LCD image flip facility as promised in the forthcoming HD200/250...

Regards,
Thom

Antony Michael Wilson June 16th, 2006 10:30 AM

I was told the same thing by a dealer in the UK the day before yesterday. I didn't post because I thought it was a case of confusion with the HD200 - but maybe not. I'm told there are 15 differences between the HD100 and HD110 and it seems that the only thing added by the HD200 over the new base model is 60p.

Can anyone from JVC confirm the HD110 spec.?

John Mitchell June 17th, 2006 10:15 AM

This is definitely not the 200 or 250. It looks like an upgrade to the 101 that incorporates some of the features asked for in this forum, like viewfinder and LCD active at the same time; B&W VF option; a 16x9 letterbox option on composite out as well as a pan and scan for those without switchable monitors. I'm not sure what is meant by the vertical flip on LCD display - it seems to be referring more to mirror mode which you can already access via the firmware on the current model. Other minor improvements - seems like a nice update.

It also seems to incorrectly list XLR audio outputs on the features page, but this is not mentioned in the new features or in the specifications (which still say unbalanced stereo mini jack).

Guy Barwood June 17th, 2006 10:19 PM

"B&W VF option"

So is this the same viewfinder with a black & white mode added in the firmware or is this an upgraded viewfinder? If upgraded, it is any higher res etc?

This forums name is going to have to change!

JVC GY-HD100 / GY-HD110 / GY-HD200 / GY-HD250

Maybe JVC GY-HDxxx

Michael Maier June 18th, 2006 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Mitchell
T I'm not sure what is meant by the vertical flip on LCD display - it seems to be referring more to mirror mode which you can already access via the firmware on the current model. Other minor improvements - seems like a nice update.

I thought they meant the flip function to use with 35mm DOF adapters. The same flip that will be in the 200/250. What mirror mode you're saying it's already available in the 100? I never knew of that.

Cher Holm June 18th, 2006 03:31 PM

I found these improvements in the HD110 in the link above:

--Black & white viewfinder display option.
--Simultaneous use of both eyepiece viewfinder and tri-mode LCD
display, when powered by Anton Bauer, IDX or PAG battery system.
--Selectable mirror mode on vertically flipped LCD display.
--Focus Assist function now has three user settings.
--Choice of 3 image formats on composite output for monitoring
--(letterbox, squeeze, cut sides).
--DNR level user-adjustable via menu.
--Audio level indicator segments increased to 13.
--Manual audio control within FAS (Full auto shooting mode)
--Audio limiter available in manual mode.
--Parallel on / off power management of DR-HD100 recorder.

I was ready to buy an HD100 when I saw this thread. It made me wonder if the current battery promotion is to clean out the HD100 stock just before the release of the HD110. How does one find this out? I have called dealers and none of them will say anything.

I am very interested in the audio changes, the improvements in the focus assist system, and the monitoring output options.

How can I find out exactly what the focus assist improvements are?

The battery is not worth losing these upgrades for me. But how can I find out when the HD110 will be available in the U.S. before the AB battery offer expries???!!!

Fredrik-Larsson June 18th, 2006 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cher Holm
The battery is not worth losing these upgrades for me. But how can I find out when the HD110 will be available in the U.S. before the AB battery offer expries???!!!

The promo is probably only with the HD100 to get rid of the stock of the old cameras.

Cher Holm June 18th, 2006 05:15 PM

Yes -- what I mean is that I would like to know if the HD110 will be available in the United States... because if it won't be, I will go ahead and buy the HD100 before the battery offer expires.

But since there have been two promos, maybe there will be a third.

John Mitchell June 18th, 2006 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Maier
I thought they meant the flip function to use with 35mm DOF adapters. The same flip that will be in the 200/250. What mirror mode you're saying it's already available in the 100? I never knew of that.

Michael - I'm assuming that as well, but the information seems sketchy and thrown together in such a hurry (witness the seemingly incorrect info about XLR audio outputs). Currently mirror mode is in an advanced menu that you can only get to by a combination of buttons. It simply mirrors left for right (not vertically) - not sure what the purpose is?
It was just that the wording in the ad is so ambiguous I can't tell.

John Mitchell June 18th, 2006 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy Barwood
"B&W VF option"

So is this the same viewfinder with a black & white mode added in the firmware or is this an upgraded viewfinder? If upgraded, it is any higher res etc?

Don't know...

Quote:

Maybe JVC GY-HDxxx

I don't know if we want an "XXX" rated forum... there's enough them on the web as it is :)

Wayne Morellini June 19th, 2006 01:19 AM

Quote:

Maybe JVC GY-HDxxx

True, "JVC GY-HD Cameras". I think that the HD10 forum should be incorporated as well, for retirement, many ex HD10 users, that can help with issues, are probably now in this forum.

Drew Curran June 19th, 2006 02:25 AM

What's up with GY-HD110E and GY-HD111E in europe?

Its aparently £400 dearer than the old model. I've just ordered the 101e, as I didn't think there differences would affect me.

I've been assured that picture and audio quality are unchanged.

Andrew

Fredrik-Larsson June 19th, 2006 09:23 AM

The manual and more info can now be found at http://www.jvcpro.co.uk/prod/camcorders/index_html